Replaced the Ben Q today

Anything 360 that don"t have is own tread
King Brace Blane
Squire
Squire

Replaced the Ben Q today

Post by King Brace Blane »

Well I finally wore out my Ben Q DVD and had to order a new one. I did the PCB swap and it fired up and works like a charm. The new/used drive cost $30 including the shipping... so I've got no complaints. As for the old one, I think I must have tweaked the laser to death. I couldn't get but a few games up and running on it. The drive door kept sticking about once a month I would clean it and it would stick again. I pitched the new PCB and stored the old drive away (spare parts). I still put more stock into a PC any day.

For Christmas I am giving my 12 year-old nephew an XBox original with 15 of my old games. I was thinking about modding it for him but left it original. If he wants it modded, I can always do that for his birthday next summer. Right now he has a PS2 and a Game Cube. I am not sure if his mom and dad are getting him the 360, they are having financial concerns, so I figure this is the next best thing. Wii is running about $125 at the pawn shops and used software stores but for that and a few dollars more you can get a 360 used as well. I chose to cheap (didn't want to show up his mom and dad) so I kept it under $40.

Merry Christmas!
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: Replaced the Ben Q today

Post by CoFree »

thanks for the post man
pcb swaps work most of the time
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.

Return to “General information”