Lite On Drive 9000 Series Flash

Anything 360 that don"t have is own tread
Hexadecimal_7
Bandit
Bandit

Lite On Drive 9000 Series Flash

Post by Hexadecimal_7 »

Hey all. I was looking into flashing my 9000 series lite on drive an realized that for this one there is quite a but more work involved in flashing it. I saw many videos on the steps you must take when soldering and modifying the chip from the drive but I found I couldn't find one that gave exact points on where to cut and solder. I'm wondering if someone could point me in the direction of a txt guide that would give me something to look at rather than trying to estimate where to cut and solder? This would also be my first time soldering to modify FW for a 360 so any advice would be great. I also need a list of decent equipment so that I can perform the flash. Could someone give a list of needed supplies for the job? Thanks a lot guys.

Also I guess while people are reading this would anyone have any idea about when new FW will be released for the Hitachi drives? That was what I started with in the begining and am most firmiliar with that so that will be a bonus when it's released. Thx guys and have a good one.
bsammy
Bandit
Bandit

Re: Lite On Drive 9000 Series Flash

Post by bsammy »

check out the new j/flasher tutorial (google it) it goes into great detail on all the traces etc. should be in the downloads and programs section. as far as equipment, ck3 connectivity kit, probe v2 . most all you need will be on cofrees vid @ flashing tutorial
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

no reason to google it. :?
its right here on the site ;)
here is a guide on modding the 9000 dvd drive
http://robinhoodsplayground.com/forum/v ... 95&t=13259" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
Hexadecimal_7
Bandit
Bandit

Post by Hexadecimal_7 »

Great and I need the V2 probe? I never noticed any videos where that was required. And where could I find a list of supplies?
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

no
do it like the video

you will need a ck3 kit
but that will just be to power thr dvd drive
i dont like/recommend using the console to power the drive
No Questions by PM.
vibrant
Squire
Squire

Post by vibrant »

just wondering is it really necesarry to put the ribons back on before taking a reading as i did mine with them of and all seem to go fine or would this effect the data as mine read the calibration fine then again it could of been false as it was not connected be it worked anyway as it is very tricky trying to insulat the board with them on
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

As far as I know the ribbon's are only used to transfer information from the board to the dvd drive laser, or the tray motor etc... Doesn't effect your read.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

crap
i dont know
never tried it with them off
ill try the next one with out the cables plugged back in :?
No Questions by PM.

Return to “General information”