strange case , please advise

The place to ask your questions about the Xbox 360
xoshta
Bandit
Bandit

strange case , please advise

Post by xoshta »

well with the great help of trailz i was able to put my profile (extracted from my previous XBOX) to my new XBXO 360 4gb slim

the file was uncorrupted, i cpyed it successfully, profile is found by XBOX (logo, avatar, score ,everything is ok)
but when i want to swoitch to the profile i copyed it says ,,Your XBOX live membership information is not valid, please use a profile that contains valid membership or recover your profile from XBOX live"

anyone had such case?
how can i avoid this and use my newly copied profile?

i cann ot sign to it even not entering XBXO live?
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: strange case , please advise

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Was your profile ever copied? Or was it moved, if you ever have your profile on more than 1 console at once, things get real messy.

If you've not made a copy of your profile, and for example have used a usb stick, moved (not copied, moved) the profile onto a usb stick, plugged that into your banned console signed in, get achievements, turn off, plug usb into comp, uncorrupt, plug back into live console.

If you've done that and are getting this error, then you may need to try and uncorrupt again, something went wrong, the profile may not be signed etc...

Lets say you have 2 xbox's

A
and
B

A is your live console, B is banned, and offline.

If you COPY the profile to console B (profile is on both console's) then you cannot use console A online. Your profile can not go on live.

Which means If you copy your profile to console B on january 18'th beat a game, then on the 19th you play on console A and your profile gets signed in, then today (20th) when you try to copy your profile from console B to A (uncorrupt etc)and login to update your achievements it will not work.

It's almost as if they have a time stamp on your profile, if you login to live at 4PM, COPY your profile over to console B, login again at 6PM on console A, then if you try to sign into live with the copy of your profile on console B it will not work.

Return to “Beginners”