Trouble playing backup on lite-on

For questions with backing up your games!
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: Trouble playing backup on lite-on

Post by CoFree »

no i think this was in the design of the lite-on at this point

so far a little more than half of the lite-on ive flash are picky about the backup it will read.

I spoof in a benq or a v28 drive when i can.
works every time.
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
C4pt41n 5k33t
Bandit
Bandit

Post by C4pt41n 5k33t »

I have flashed 2 lite-on's and neither of them are reading my red faction backup. I burned it with clone-cd and I ripped it myself so it isn't a bad rip. I'm burning another copy of it with imgburn just to check if there is a difference but I played this exact backup just a few days ago, now it just stopped for some reason. It won't even recognize that there is a disc in the drive. So what does this mean Cofree? Are the lite-on's done for or will there be a new firmware?
xWickedDreamz
Squire
Squire

Post by xWickedDreamz »

C4pt41n 5k33t wrote:I have flashed 2 lite-on's and neither of them are reading my red faction backup. I burned it with clone-cd and I ripped it myself so it isn't a bad rip. I'm burning another copy of it with imgburn just to check if there is a difference but I played this exact backup just a few days ago, now it just stopped for some reason. It won't even recognize that there is a disc in the drive. So what does this mean Cofree? Are the lite-on's done for or will there be a new firmware?

That is weird because my Red Faction works perfect.
Nick
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Nick »

My lite-on drive when out when i was about ready to flash it :evil: good thing i got the key off first :D Spoofed a benq and replaced it. Much better.
OverTime
Peasant
Peasant

Post by OverTime »

I just flashed a lite on last night and sometimes it reads back ups and other times it trys reading and then says open tray. I have to keep opening and closing the drive before it recognizes the game. I've flashed other lite ons with no problems. By the way I'm new here and I've been soaking up knowledge for the past couple of weeks. I love this site! :D
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

some lite-ons are very picky
to say the least
there have been 2 that i just had to spoof in a benq to even get them to read backup disc

by the way
glad to have you as a member
have fun :D
No Questions by PM.
CraZ
Peasant
Peasant

Post by CraZ »

Hi Guys.. I too am having the same issue as you cofree. My liteon drive is doing exact same thing. Guess i will spoof a benq drive.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

well make sure your backups are 100% good
try them on a different 360

once you know you backups are good
that maybe the only thing you can do.
the v28 samsung dvd drive work good also.
No Questions by PM.
warship
Bandit
Bandit

Post by warship »

I have three lite-ons two flashed with 1.61, had no problems and I'm about to flash one with Lt ,could it be laser calibration .
Regards

Warship.
jts1178
Squire
Squire

Post by jts1178 »

My newly flashed Lite-ON. Is having issues too. FW ix-ltv1.1-748. Cannot read several games. Including XBLA I just tried.
1.PNG
2.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
windowpain
Peasant
Peasant

Post by windowpain »

I have two Lite-Ons that play all backups except ACB. They were purchased 4 months apart from different locations. I also have two Hitachi boxes with BenQ drives in both and they play every backup, no problem. All boxes have LT+1.1 flashed on the drives. I'm not a big fan of the Lite-ons, they are very unreliable. I've had a number of customers that have problems with the laser getting stuck and causing the game to freeze.

Return to “Game Backups”