shorted pcb of liteon 9

Anything 360 that don"t have is own tread
juvix8888
Peasant
Peasant

shorted pcb of liteon 9

Post by juvix8888 »

my ck3 and probe II both are turning on and lighting up with the liteon 9 drive plugged in. if i plug the sata cable in it only powers on for a split second then off.

What can I do. I have already made the cuts in the pcb and tested with a multi meter. I was going to pull the dvd key but i have this issue. I hooked it all up last night and it was functioning fine. Had an issue getting into vendor so i put off today. I hooked everything up and turned it on and it went right off until i remove the liteon drives sata.

I read that this could be a short. But so far no smoke and no solder on the board and no obvious metal on metal contact. What can i look for? or is this something that someone else can fix if it is a short? as this is a friends drive and i have no keys yet. heard it could me a short in the MT chip
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: shorted pcb of liteon 9

Post by CoFree »

ive never had that problem man

i would say just make sure all your cuts are perfect and the solder work is also

also
it maybe worth waiting
put it all back together and see if it works
if so
you may want to wait one this
Have a Read
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
juvix8888
Peasant
Peasant

Post by juvix8888 »

I checked the cuts with a multimeter and they are good. and i havent soldered anything yet. I will try reassembling but im almost sure it wont work with the cuts on the board. and it was working the day before. I was just having a fussy time getting it to vendor. So i put it off for a night. LTrepair said it sounds like a shorted MT chip and made it seem like its unrepairable. However the determining factor was if that MT chip got hot when powered on (then its a definite short). I can't get it to stay powered on thru the ck3, so maybe when i reassemble and power through xbox i can see if it gets hot. thanks for any insight into this as i have no key yet
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

juvix8888 wrote: i havent soldered anything yet.
well man
i guess im lost
you have a good bit of soldering to do to get a 9000 drive to dump the firmware
have a look at this
Look Here
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

juvix8888 wrote:I checked the cuts with a multimeter and they are good. and i havent soldered anything yet. I will try reassembling but im almost sure it wont work with the cuts on the board. and it was working the day before. I was just having a fussy time getting it to vendor. So i put it off for a night. LTrepair said it sounds like a shorted MT chip and made it seem like its unrepairable. However the determining factor was if that MT chip got hot when powered on (then its a definite short). I can't get it to stay powered on thru the ck3, so maybe when i reassemble and power through xbox i can see if it gets hot. thanks for any insight into this as i have no key yet
Your going to need to solder your cuts back together in order for the drive to work.

Thats weird to me, i've never heard of anything like this, when you plug the sata in the drive cut's off. The first thing I thought of was something to do with the chip on the drive. Because when you plug in the sata your PC will poll the drive to see what it is, and the drive accessing the chip to get this info is causing the short, and your CK3 is cutting off.

This is all just a thought I had pop into my head while reading this.

Like I say, ive never heard of anything like this man, I dont know what to try. I dont know why the MT chip would short...
juvix8888
Peasant
Peasant

Post by juvix8888 »

yes the ck3 powers off. so if i resolder the traces i assume it will still power the ck3 off. because as i said the pcb was working and i just couldnt get it to go into vendor. this was after i cut the traces. and it was operating normal. the following day i powered it on when i had more time to mess with it and then it went. so basically I'm not going to be able to get the key. Therefor I have to get a replacement box for my buddy and just keep this drive for parts ( ribbons and laser) as of now. because it seems no one has heard of this or knows enough to look at it.
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Yea, it makes no sense.

My best suggestion is to play with it, maybe try a multimeter and see if you can find any short's. Try soldering it back together see if it works in the 360 ectc etc.
juvix8888
Peasant
Peasant

Post by juvix8888 »

to be honest, i don't even know too many places to hit with a multimeter on the pcb and /or what they're readings should be. Im fairly new at these newer drives.

Return to “General information”