Q: Has anyone swapped the DVD for a sata HD?

Anything 360 that don"t have is own tread
King Brace Blane
Squire
Squire

Q: Has anyone swapped the DVD for a sata HD?

Post by King Brace Blane »

I am fairly certain this has not been done on a 360. I tried Google and got a bunch of "replace and repair of the DVD" but no swaps. Since I doubt you could find a HD that would fool or trick the 360 into thinking it was the DVD tray. I am just in the mood to experiment, back in December I replaced my BenQ DVD successfully and swapped out the PCB. Now it looks like I have to take it apart for some maintenance.
>>>RANT Warning<<<
It better be just a dusty laser. :x If it is more than that, I plan to fix it up and just resell the damn thing. I blame the Xbox customers (of which I am one) for buying into this piece of crap. It has the shelf life of a goldfish. If the makers of Xbox 360 ever get into producing cars, I wouldn't be in line to buy one.
<<<End of RANT>>>
Remember when replying, I am talking about 2 HDs on the 360, one in place of the DVD tray. I also realize that such a mod could get you banned.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: Q: Has anyone swapped the DVD for a sata HD?

Post by CoFree »

never read about anyone doing that
but it would be cool

also
the site now has a rant and rave area
we need some post there to get it stated
have a look HERE
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

You'd need to be jtagged im pretty sure, I dont see it possible to use a HDD in place of your optical on the official dash.

Be a damn cool project though.
King Brace Blane
Squire
Squire

Post by King Brace Blane »

Well the concept is there, I am aware people have the 360 modded with jtag and xbreboot and wired usb HDs to the 360 such as this example;

But what I am looking at, we have a SATA DVD connection sitting right there. So if the HD could be made to pass itself off as the original DVD drive it could be used as game storage.

BTW I had to tweak the laser on my new DVD only 6 months old. How the hell do they get so out of alignment? It was reading 4.7 and I turned it down to 3.1 using my digital multimeter.
lcddarkangel1
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Post by lcddarkangel1 »

can you still use the 360 hard drive to save ur gamer score?

Return to “General information”