new jungle opening problems

The place to ask your questions about the Xbox 360
jay
Bandit
Bandit

new jungle opening problems

Post by jay »

Hi I have been trying to flash a stock lite on with a probe and thought having the new jungle might be the answer,but it will not open because it says that i need libusb.dll and re installing might fix the problem which i have tried many times.I noticed there was a file of that name with the jungle download ,but it turns out to be a hex editor which i don't understand.can anyone help with a noobs explanation would be a great help.
On to question 2 when i was using the old jungle i kept getting a bad read from the probe(the green light was on)the tray half open running through a ck3 lite with ck3 probe 2 using a sata cable and molex for power.what mode is the ck3 lite supposed to be in and when you put the probe in the hole do u just hold it there or press the button on the top of the probe,i keep getting bad reads although i get a green light.sorry to go on but been at this from 6 till 10 at night and i am truly at my wits end.best part is its for my sons mate for free!!!THANKS JAY
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: new jungle opening problems

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Your ck3 should be blue at all times, red means mode b, and it should never really be in mode b.

When you probe the drive the green LED should light up on the probe itself.

What OS are you using?

The reason it opens in a hex editor is because you've set a hex editor as the default application for .dll files which is a mistake since .dll's are compiled application extensions.
jay
Bandit
Bandit

Post by jay »

hi thanks for the reply.how do i alter the default so its not hex editor? Thanks jay im on xp but have windows 7 but not set up for flashing.
jay
Bandit
Bandit

Post by jay »

o.k got an older version of jungle to open but still wont read with the probe.it says cannot find com port 1( on lite on by the way).
I have noticed on the jungle tut that under the com1 drop down menu the it says its a ck3 blaster and other info but i cannot alter my com 1 so it recognizes my ck3 lite.is this the problem?totally lost on this one but it seems so easy i dont know where im goin wrong.please help!!!THANKS jAY

Return to “Beginners”