Question about new 2011 update ?

The place to ask your questions about the Xbox 360
SUPERCELL
Squire
Squire

Question about new 2011 update ?

Post by SUPERCELL »

Two days ago my son was prompted to take the spring 2011 update so i switched the drives out the flashed BenQ for the original BenQ with the original stock firmware .
then he took the system update then just today he was prompted to take the same system update again.
Is this a different update or is there something going on now that they might be checking drives has this happened to any one else :?:
louisM92
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: Question about new 2011 update ?

Post by louisM92 »

its proberly the update that flashes the drive in to console to stock firmware, if you dont mind staying off live for a while then dont take the update, if you have to play live then do the update but that means no running back upsfor the time being :)
Need your drive flashed? PM me to sort something out ;)
OR email me at louismoylan@live.co.uk
Flashing in the UK
Also do drive replacements :)
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Were they both dash updates? Or was one a game update?

You shouldnt have had 2 updates, however I did get the update on my console a few days ago and a friend of mine didnt get it until yesterday and we were playing online together for those few days.

So they may have pushed the update to you twice. If the update takes a long time, and restarts your xbox a couple times and takes a total of like 5 minutes, thats the latest update that flashes your drive. This update takes noticeably longer to install than every other.

So if you had 2 long updates you updated the same thing twice which is weird... Did you swap the drives back after the update?
SUPERCELL
Squire
Squire

Post by SUPERCELL »

(well it just updated for the third time)
okay i think i figured it out he has been swapping hard drives from one xbox to the other xbox witch is causing it to update when he goes on live with his original xbox 360 hope this does not cause a problem later down the road even tho he has always done the swapping of drives and it has never caused a problem before
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Shouldn't cause any problems.

It also shouldnt update 3 times. :? :?

The console should see the dash version is the same as what the update version is and shouldn't force an update. Weird, I dont know what the issue could be... It may be the HDD swapping.
SUPERCELL
Squire
Squire

Post by SUPERCELL »

HaGGardSmurf wrote:Shouldn't cause any problems.

It also shouldnt update 3 times. :? :?

The console should see the dash version is the same as what the update version is and shouldn't force an update. Weird, I dont know what the issue could be... It may be the HDD swapping.
It must be the hdd swapping because it did it again when he put his hard drive back in his stock xbox 360 with no game in it. it asked for a system update has anyone had this problem or heard of other people having this problem
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

You can try clearing your cache and system stuff.

You'll need to redownload game updates again to play online but thats not a big deal, a few hundred megs total.
nufcmickey
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Post by nufcmickey »

Yeah I updated on my elite, then took out the HD of my flashed console to use my profile without having to recover, it wont let me is asking for update again.

Return to “Beginners”