Anything 360 that don"t have is own tread
commando_lee
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood
Location: Up high in the tree looking out for the Sheriff of Nottingham

X360Key

Post by commando_lee »

How it Works:

The X360Key runs a custom Linux operating system that emulates the 360 drive , mimicking the original DVD drive of the console but allowing to be loaded from a USB storage device rather than a DVD. What this means in practice is that the 360 sees the X360Key and attached storage device as the DVD drive the console came with and is accustomed to loading from. The X360Key team has developed profiles for each of the availalble DVD drives to ensure that as far as the Xbox 360 console is concerned, the console sees the X360Key and storage device with games on as the original DVD drive.

The X360Key main/motherboard is fitted between the DVD SATA port on Xbox 360 motherboard and the original Xbox 360 DVD drive in the console. The X360Key plugs in to the Xbox 360 DVD Drive itself and then the SATA cable from the Xbox 360 motherboard SATA port is plugged in to the X360Key. The X360Key OLED display remote is then plugged in to the X360Key mainboard but is kept outside the console to allows USB storage drives to be connected to it. The remote allows the X360Key to be controlled and games to be browsed on the USB drive and launched.

The X360Key functions in two modes:

Emulation - The mode in which the Xbox 360 drive is emulated and allows games to be loaded from USB storage device.
Pass through - The X360Key is bypassed and the Xbox360 console and DVD drive function as normal as if the X360Key were not present.

X360Key Team Press Release:

Running a custom Linux system, x360key is capable of immaculately emulating the optical disk drive in Xbox 360, allowing you to play all your Xbox 360 (and Xbox 1) games from any USB media. It is compatible with all Xbox 360 models, both Fat and Slim, and offers advanced features such as emulation of the AP25 protection.

After more than a year in development We are proud to announce one of the most sophisticated backup loaders the world has ever seen. Backed by a team of hardware experts and some of the most renowned and respected members of the Xbox hacking community We have no doubt this will be an instant success!
................................................................RobinHoods Very Own
.......................................Image
I do this for the fun and pleasure in helping people. But this is NOT my job. Post up on the boards with your question and some body will help you dont use the PM system.
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: X360Key

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

WOW :lol:

I'll definitely be looking into this, only thing I'm worried about is it being patched somehow, and then I'm basically out $80 or whatever it will cost.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

yea
im going to pick one up just to have a look see
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
commando_lee
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood
Location: Up high in the tree looking out for the Sheriff of Nottingham

Post by commando_lee »

its worth playing with on an old console just to see what happens
................................................................RobinHoods Very Own
.......................................Image
I do this for the fun and pleasure in helping people. But this is NOT my job. Post up on the boards with your question and some body will help you dont use the PM system.
silentj
Possible Ally of Robinhood

Post by silentj »

:P :P Yep!! I'm getting one just to have on my back up/off line box, it will save me on discs alone.
Take It Like a champ
dustman1995
Bandit
Bandit

Post by dustman1995 »

You know what would be friggin sweet? is if they made an app on your android or iphone for that! What's up guys? Still lurking.
Life is full of influences, It's your application that sets you apart.
djshauny1

Post by djshauny1 »

Anyone here tried this yet?
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

its not out yet
as far as i know
No Questions by PM.
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

I wonder if you would be able to remove game updates from the iso, and still boot the game. Would make life MUCH easier for offline boxes.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

i dont think it will
if it will do that then it would let you take all the padding out of the iso and play it like a wii game
for that kind of stuff you need to be able to play unsigned code. (j-tag)
No Questions by PM.

Return to “General information”