region confusion..

For questions with backing up your games!
loady
Squire
Squire

region confusion..

Post by loady »

I have 2 modded boxes with LT1.9, one is a benq and one is a toshiba jtagged...i have pro evo 2011 which abgx states as being NTSC..plays fine in my jtag but in the benq it it say wrong region, i understood that the modded firmware lets you play games (backups) from any region..is this correct or is it just my jtag that will do that ? can i remove the region from the backup somehow ?
leedo55
Bandit
Bandit

Re: region confusion..

Post by leedo55 »

no the modded firmware only allows backups to be played that match your region, just try and get a region free backup of the game
loady
Squire
Squire

Post by loady »

ok, but the benq drive is also a pal console...does it play on that because it is a jtagged console ? a jtagged console is efectively regionless ?
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

i think that is right
a jtagged console
will play anything
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

AFAIK region and pal/ntsc are different things.

Region means the game can only be played in a certain region, IE: china or us/canada where as ntsc/pal are television standards, and have to do with different frame rates and video playback.

I'm pretty sure you can play a pal game on ntsc console (or vicea versa), so long as your TV can playback a pal/ntsc signal. As far as region I'm not totally sure, you are probably able to. Since your console said wrong region, I guess that means you cant play a game outside its region on a modded console, must be jtagged. I'm pretty sure in a jtag you can change your consoles region and the pal/ntsc setting.

This whole thing is kind of a grey area for me, all my games are always region free NTSC games. I've never messed with pal/region locked.

I dont believe there is a way to region unlock a game, but I may be wrong.

I'd suggest just trying the game see what happens.

Return to “Game Backups”