Fat Benq Drive update question

The place for more technical questions about modding your Xbox 360!
bittersuit_98
Bandit
Bandit

Fat Benq Drive update question

Post by bittersuit_98 »

Sorry guys if this has been answered elsewhere. I have lost track of the xbox 360 fw scene in the last year so I'm really outdated regarding the new dashboard updates and new custom firmwares.
Long story short, I have a fat Xbox 360 with Benq drive in it, modded with LT+.
I have read that there's a new custom fw for this drive, I believe it's the LT+ 1.91. So I assume that if I wanna play new titles I need to update.

At this time, I don't think I have the newest dashboard update (13599), mainly because I have been playing madden 11 for a very long time and I have not tried other titles. What should I do first? Should I update the custom fw first or the dashboard first?

Also, I don't think I have a copy of my stock fw....can I still update the custom fw without it as instructed in the JF guide?

thanx in advance.
moonknight
Possible Ally of Robinhood
Possible Ally of Robinhood

Re: Fat Benq Drive update question

Post by moonknight »

Easiest way to get you updated:
1) Get a clean read from your BENQ before you do anything. It doesn't matter if it has been flashed before, you are just interested in the DVD keys anyways.
2) Flash a stock BENQ firware back to your DVD drive with your old keys on it. (See step one).
3) Let your xbox take a dashboard update by either connecting it to live or downloading the update from MS or from here http://digiex.net/downloads/download-ce ... final.html Follow the directions there on how to manually update it if you don't get the update from live.
4) After your dashboard is at 13599, flash the newest firmware (1.91) with the keys you got in step 1 to your BENQ drive using JungleFlasher 1.86. You should now be fully updated and modded.

Return to “360 DVD Drive Flashing”