Update Froze Up

The place for more technical questions about modding your Xbox 360!
bittersuit_98
Bandit
Bandit

Update Froze Up

Post by bittersuit_98 »

My Xbox with Benq driver seems ruined.

I have a Benq with cfw lite 1.1+. I tried put in a backup of Madden 12. Screen asked for console update. I accepted it but half way thru it the update froze and no shows Status Code XXXX-XXXX-XXX-XXXX-0034.

I was ready to upgrade the cfw to lite+1.9 and according to different tuts it says to take the update first. So I did it and now my console is stuck.
I don't have the stock/original fw for this drive so not sure what to do.

Any ideas, besides buying a new one?

Thanx
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: Update Froze Up

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

You need the drive key. You can try connecting the drive to your computer and reading it. Hopefully your FW wasn't overwritten so you can get your key.
bittersuit_98
Bandit
Bandit

Post by bittersuit_98 »

HaGGardSmurf wrote:You need the drive key. You can try connecting the drive to your computer and reading it. Hopefully your FW wasn't overwritten so you can get your key.
Do you mean that I should get the key with jungleflasher? the dummy file?
louisM92
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by louisM92 »

yes, get the key off the drive then flash it back to stock firmware, the drives firmware shouldnt of been affected suring the update because thats the part it got stuck on, because you have custom firmware on the drive the update wont complete, once you restore to stock you will probably have to get the update on a usb stick or cd as the drive is now stock so it wont accept the madden 12 game because its a copy (you can get the update from the xbox website or google it), finish off the update then flash your drive with LT+ 1.91

NOTE: when flashing LT+ 1.91 you will have to use a different firmware, in other words the drive is not now what it was before which would be either PBDS VAD6038 62430C/64930C, you would have to use the 04421C LT+ 1.91 firmware :)
Need your drive flashed? PM me to sort something out ;)
OR email me at louismoylan@live.co.uk
Flashing in the UK
Also do drive replacements :)
bittersuit_98
Bandit
Bandit

Post by bittersuit_98 »

louisM92 wrote:yes, get the key off the drive then flash it back to stock firmware, the drives firmware shouldnt of been affected suring the update because thats the part it got stuck on, because you have custom firmware on the drive the update wont complete, once you restore to stock you will probably have to get the update on a usb stick or cd as the drive is now stock so it wont accept the madden 12 game because its a copy (you can get the update from the xbox website or google it), finish off the update then flash your drive with LT+ 1.91

NOTE: when flashing LT+ 1.91 you will have to use a different firmware, in other words the drive is not now what it was before which would be either PBDS VAD6038 62430C/64930C, you would have to use the 04421C LT+ 1.91 firmware :)
Not 100% sure how to flash back to stock. The JF tutorial says nothing about that. I watched some tutorial and it says that I need to look in the "stock firmware" folder for Benq. I did, but I'm not sure which one I need (After reading the Benq the OSIG shows PBDS VAD6038 0442)....Any ideas as to what stock firmware I need to load from the stock folder?

This is what I will do when time comes:

1. Read the key in JF.
2. Save it.
3. 4. "Open Target Firmware" and load the stock firmware
4. Clicked on "Spoof Source to Target"
5. Write

"Outro" then put box together and attempt update again

Does this sound correct or am I missing something?
thx man
louisM92
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by louisM92 »

benq drives come with 4 stock firmwares for both drives, if you donwload the latest firmware pack of the net (google it) you will find your stock firmware located in stock firmware > benq > BenQ_Pre_13141 <, first of all check if your drive is a PBDS VAD6038 64930C or PBDS VAD6038 62430C, then your narrowed down to 4 stock firmwares, this is where i dont know which firmware is right for your drive, but at least its narrowed down for you, maybe one of the other guys on here can assit you with that, the procedure you wrote is correct, once the update is taken you wil then need to flash your drive with LT+ 1.91 :)
Need your drive flashed? PM me to sort something out ;)
OR email me at louismoylan@live.co.uk
Flashing in the UK
Also do drive replacements :)

Return to “360 DVD Drive Flashing”