Need help relfashing BenQ

The place for more technical questions about modding your Xbox 360!
FunkyMonk
Bandit
Bandit

Need help relfashing BenQ

Post by FunkyMonk »

Hello there. I recently, stupidly, took an update from a backuped game, which failed, and has now left my console stuck. So that whenever I boot it up I get a 'SYSTEM UPDATE STOPPED' error message. I can't even get into the dash.

Done the usual google search and it seems I may need to re-flash it. But I'm not sure if I need to rerun the drive to stock firmware or update it to LT plus, it was on iXtreme 1.5, i think.

So i'm just looking for some advice on where to go from here.
yamackbuddy4
Possible Ally of Robinhood

Re: Need help relfashing BenQ

Post by yamackbuddy4 »

Reflash the drive with the the latest lt for your drive and reinsert the game that the update started from. Generally you want to return to stock before updating but since you didnt I believe the drive now has stock fw on it this is why the update wont finish (ofw wont read the backup). Just theory on my part but hurts nothing to try. Make sure to let us know how it works for you.
FunkyMonk
Bandit
Bandit

Post by FunkyMonk »

Cool thanks.

So i'm running into another problem now. I have my drive connected to my pc now and i'm running jungleflasher. It's taken a while but I've gotten JF to read my drive. The problem i have is that after I've read(read flash to source buffer) and JF asks me if i'd like to load the new firmware automatically, i say yes, but it then gives me a message saying its unable ot load the firmware. But even when i do it manually, the DVD key is all 7's. The two pictures below will show you what i mean.

moonknight

Post by moonknight »

It should auto-load if you have placed the new firmwares in the firmware folder.

To fix the dvd keys when loading manually, chose spoof source to target. All FFFs or all 777s is the default key on the new firmware, just used as a placeholder.
louisM92
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by louisM92 »

have you finished off the update yet? you need to get back to the dashboard before flashing back to custom firmware, you now need to download the latest dash from the net, put it on a usb stick, put it in your xbox, turn it on and it wil finish the update no problem, THEN flash to custom firmware :)
Need your drive flashed? PM me to sort something out ;)
OR email me at louismoylan@live.co.uk
Flashing in the UK
Also do drive replacements :)
FunkyMonk
Bandit
Bandit

Post by FunkyMonk »

louisM92 wrote:have you finished off the update yet? you need to get back to the dashboard before flashing back to custom firmware, you now need to download the latest dash from the net, put it on a usb stick, put it in your xbox, turn it on and it wil finish the update no problem, THEN flash to custom firmware :)
Have tried that mate, a few different dash updates, including the latest, but the xbox just won't accept any of them.
FunkyMonk
Bandit
Bandit

Post by FunkyMonk »

BUMP.

I've just tried finishing the update using an original copy of the game but the drive still isn't reading it, it does that thing where the drive starts to spin up before cutting out, and i get the 'SYSTEM UPDATE STOPPED' error message.

edit: never mind. Tried it a few more times and it eventually spun up and took the update. wooohooo!

Return to “360 DVD Drive Flashing”