Gadget Recommendations for Flashing Drives

The place for more technical questions about modding your Xbox 360!
bittersuit_98
Bandit
Bandit

Gadget Recommendations for Flashing Drives

Post by bittersuit_98 »

I've been out of the modding scene for a while, so I am trying to catch up with all the new gadgets out there and all the different slim drives, and hitachis and lite ons and on and on.

I looked at the X360USBPro and the CKi3, and the probe 2, but I'm confused. Example: the USBPRO says to be compatible with all drives but It doesn't say if I need a probe II or a pogo or anything else to avoid cutting traces or soldering....same goes for the CKi3.

Basically, I am looking for an all-in-one no-cut/soldering solution to flash the fat 8 and 9 series lite-ons and the newer slim lite-ons.

Can anyone suggest/name the gadgets I need to buy to accomplish this?
I already own a ck3 with the probe attachment from the old days when the 74 came out.

Thanx
moonknight
Possible Ally of Robinhood
Possible Ally of Robinhood

Re: Gadget Recommendations for Flashing Drives

Post by moonknight »

You are good to go with your current equipment for all phat drives except for the Liteon. For Liteon drives, get a probe v3 to use with your ck3, or make your own pogo mon thoin (pmt) cable using an old xbox 360 dvd drive wire harness. Probe v3 is cheap, pmt is easy to make if you have basic soldering skills (and cheap).

Either way you go, the probe v3 or the home made pmt, you will be able to do phat liteon dumps without cutting or soldering on the liteon motherboard.

As for slim drives, I will have to defer to someone else, as I haven't tried one yet. Check the tutorials, good info there.
bittersuit_98
Bandit
Bandit

Re: Gadget Recommendations for Flashing Drives

Post by bittersuit_98 »

moonknight wrote:You are good to go with your current equipment for all phat drives except for the Liteon. For Liteon drives, get a probe v3 to use with your ck3, or make your own pogo mon thoin (pmt) cable using an old xbox 360 dvd drive wire harness. Probe v3 is cheap, pmt is easy to make if you have basic soldering skills (and cheap).

Either way you go, the probe v3 or the home made pmt, you will be able to do phat liteon dumps without cutting or soldering on the liteon motherboard.

As for slim drives, I will have to defer to someone else, as I haven't tried one yet. Check the tutorials, good info there.
Thanx man...much appreciated. I haven't tried the slims either...just opening the console seems to be a challenge on its own.

Return to “360 DVD Drive Flashing”