Liteon 7 series and LT+2.0

Anything 360 that don"t have is own tread
buftyboy
Squire
Squire

Liteon 7 series and LT+2.0

Post by buftyboy »

Just thought I would share this with you: I have just flashed a 7 series liteon and was quite surprised when I couldn't get the dash update to work of a usb,so,I thought shit or bust, flashed straight to 2.0 from stock,stuck a backup of my SPACE MARINE and the new Batman in the drive and they booted up no problems at all.The dash still showed 13146.This is the second 7 series I have had good luck with,the first one was stuck in an update loop so all I did was swap out the HDD and it took the update fine.Am I just lucky or are the 7 series really easy to work with ?
Apart from that, just a question,is there away with the new 2.0 F/W to bypass the chip lock up on the 9 series after a dash update ? I got 3 consoles waiting for a reflash but I'm hesitant to touch them because of it and if they lock up is there only the 2 ways Ive read about to unlock them ? I really wouldn't like to try the kamikaze on someone's console.
Yeah I know thats 2 questions.
technoe
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: Liteon 7 series and LT+2.0

Post by technoe »

Question #1, the 7 series can be easy to work with but the dash still should update. But I have a benq with 1.6 on it for the longest time even through the first updates that were supposedly supposed to flash the drive. My drive never needed an update till 2.0. As for the lock up, I'm hoping Cofree or another moderator can answer that for you lol
Today Money, Tomorrow the WORLD!!
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

if its a phat 9000
then its normal
as far as i know the kamikaze is for slim drives that have a factory locked flash chip

the lock chip is only for dumping anyway
if you have a copy of the key and info from the dvd drive
you can flash in a update firmware no problem
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
buftyboy
Squire
Squire

Post by buftyboy »

Thanks for the help guys.I have all the keys and they are phat 9s, so I will be able to update with no lock up when the dash updates is that what you're telling me Cofree ? I just want to make sure
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Yes the lock is only to do with reading the drive.

So make sure you backup that OFW. Your best thing to do is take a piece of masking tape, stick it on the drive itself and write the key on it. That way if every single HDD the ofw is backed up on crashes and you forget your password to a cloud service which you had the ofw backed up on, your still in good shape because the key is written on the drive :P

(I've learnt this the hard way :P )
buftyboy
Squire
Squire

Post by buftyboy »

Yeah good idea HaGGard and thanks for the info I always write the F/W update on drives but never the keys

Return to “General information”