not able to update dash with flash drive or cd/dvd

Anything 360 that don"t have is own tread
cookiemon
Bandit
Bandit

Re: not able to update dash with flash drive or cd/dvd

Post by cookiemon »

I dont have another HD right now and I cant clear the cache on the console if I cant get past the error message unless there is a way that I am not aware of. just curious but I have 2 x box 360's, a new slim that has never been touched and a 5 year old with a benq that has been flashed. I just updated the dash on the slim from 2.0.1.2625.0 to 2.0.13604.0 Im not 100% on the numbers but I have a transfer cable and was wondering if there is any way to transfer the dash settings from the slim to my old 360 with the external HD ? I am probably way off but I thought Id ask. Im running out of options, I dont know of anyone who has trashed a console by what I have done ? appreciated as always !
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

cookiemon wrote:is any way to transfer the dash settings from the slim to my old 360 with the external HD
no you cant do that

so when you start the console
it goes right to a error screen
are you sure you have a good firmware/key on the dvd drive
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
cookiemon
Bandit
Bandit

Post by cookiemon »

Mr CoFree, I should have a good firmware/key, yesterday the 360 was working fine until I put in a backup of a game I made. It told me that in order to play the game I had to download an update (which I have done before) I kind of knew better but I did anyways because I heard of ms putting a flash in the games that flashed the dvd drives so the update started then stopped and that is where I got the error. Yes the error comes on the second it starts up except for occasionally it starts the update for a few seconds like the first time then immediatly goes back to the error screen. I have the OFW.bin the CFW.bin and the key.bin stored on my pc if I need it. thank you for your patience.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

yea
man what happened is you tried to take a dash update from a backup disc
part of the dash up date was to flash your dvd drive back to stock firmware
(it did that)
but when it tried to do the rest of the update from the disc it could no longer read the disc because it was a backup disc and not a original disc

this can be fixed
there have been many do this same thing
but
the console will not be safe for live now
it flags it

make sure you flash the original firmware in the console
clear the cache
use a different HD
i even use a usb flash for the update, and a usb flash for the space needed to do the update one time (cool)
then update with a cd,usb flash or a game disc the has the update on it
No Questions by PM.
cookiemon
Bandit
Bandit

Post by cookiemon »

I understand the whole process of what happened and what I need to do and I am not concerned with being flagged or banned but I am confused on how I get it done ? you say to flash the original firmware to the console do you mean the dvd drive (benq) ? because I did that once though I am not sure it worked but it did go through the whole process without a glitch. Im sure I can figure out how to clear the cache once I get rid of the error. Is there any tuts or step by step for this process that can help me out ? also I am confused about your last statement (i even use a usb flash for the update, and a usb flash for the space needed to do the update one time (cool)
then update with a cd,usb flash or a game disc the has the update on it) ? I know I have to update the console via flash, cd, or a good game before I can flash with the new firmware lt plus benq 2.0 but I am confused on the process. thanks so much
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

ok man
what is the error code you are getting :?: :?:
im thinking you are getting a error about bad or wrong firmware in the dvd drive

if that is the case you will have to make sure you have a good firmware with the console firmware key in it
flashed in the dvd drive

now the part you did not understand
its not a big deal
but
many people tried to take the update without the HD hooked uyp to the console
the update would get so far and stop because there was not enough room to do the update

i used a usb to do the update
and
then i used a flash as a storage drive for the update to have room
sorry i did not mean to confuse you.
No Questions by PM.
cookiemon
Bandit
Bandit

Post by cookiemon »

thats ok Im easy to confuse, the error is 3151-351f-b800-0f00-c000-0059 I went to a site and looked it up but could not find it. I had my HD hooked up when doing the update and it is a 120 gig so there is tons of room on it. I only tried the one time to flash the benq back to stock and thought I was successful but as you remember I had a few firmwares to chose from and maybe used the wrong one ?
I remember in jf the key came up all 000's but when I chose the stock firmware and clicked spoof source to target it changed, what to I am not sure. Now if I did something wrong let me know, I hope your not confused now ?
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

yea man
have a read over this it should help with what firmware
http://www.robinhoodsplayground.com/for ... 63&t=16269
louisM92 put this up the other day
because there are many having the same problem

you firmware most have a good key
when you open your original firmware in jungle flasher make sure the key is good
No Questions by PM.
cookiemon
Bandit
Bandit

Post by cookiemon »

tried everything there, flash seemed to work, key was good, pt usb flash in and it started to update then stopped this time the error message was the same except the last 4 digits were 014f. Do I absolutely need to do it with a different HD ? last 4 digits changing each time it starts to apply and stops 0059 0013 ??
cookiemon
Bandit
Bandit

Post by cookiemon »

I think the old box has finally took a crap, I flashed and put it back together and turned on and one red ring and the e 75 error. I have fixed it several times from this error but I think after tearing this system apart about 20 times I think it might finally be done. I will still see if I can fix it again but I think I will look for a used one to fix up. thanks for all your help , Im sure you have not heard the last from me :P
Well I fixed e-75 error but I am right back to square one, what now keep trying different flashes to get it back to stock or try a different HD ?

Return to “General information”