trouble with dvd key for benq drive

The place for more technical questions about modding your Xbox 360!
daqid
Bandit
Bandit

trouble with dvd key for benq drive

Post by daqid »

i upgraded my dash and then went to flash my benq from 1.51 to lt+2.0. i didn't think that i had to flash back to stock before upgrading my box cause i was already banned but i was wrong. using windows 7 and a via card, it read the banks using jf and it went to firmware tool 32 and the dvd key was all 0s. reading around i read that updating the console without flashing back to stock, the update flashed back to stock and moved the key to a different offset. i found a tutorial on how to find the key using a hex editor and i pasted the key in firmware toolbox and saved it. now i'm confused on what to do next. how do i flash the now corrected firmware to the drive. if i put the firmware in the target, its taking the key (which is 0s) from the source? any help would be greatly appreciated.
I should of played some cooler games before getting banned!
gazzer
Bandit
Bandit

Re: trouble with dvd key for benq drive

Post by gazzer »

if you are sure the key you found is correct. that key needs to be the source and the benq lt 2.0 the target then hit spoof source to target then save that key and flash the drive with it. just a side note do you have your original key from the first time it was flashed.
daqid
Bandit
Bandit

Post by daqid »

it wouldn't let me spoof 2.0 so i i spoofed ltplus 1.1 with my key and flashed it to the drive. even now it won't let me spoof 2.0. i've redownloaded the firmware pack 3 times and still no luck. i don't have my original key from when i first flashed. have no idea where its at.

daqid
Bandit
Bandit

Post by daqid »

Turns out I was using the previous version of jf and not the latest. I put an older game in last night and it loaded fine so I cut it off and went to bed. Now I get the E66 error a soon as I cut it on with an xgd3 game any idea why?

Edit: it cut on fine after I took the game out. Maybe I didn't flash it right. Is all of this right?
D:2.0.13604.0 - K:2.0.13604.0 (BK:2.0.1888.0)

Return to “360 DVD Drive Flashing”