LTPlus-838v1.1 very simple question

The place for more technical questions about modding your Xbox 360!
co30op
Peasant
Peasant

LTPlus-838v1.1 very simple question

Post by co30op »

I just installed my IHAS drive today and updated it for burning the new games.

I want to update my 360's firmware to the new LT2.0. I downloaded firmware packs using xbins.exe, as well as going straight to their site. In both of the packs I downloaded, the firmware for the LT 83850C list as LTPlus-838v1.1. When I use jungleflasher 1.89, it list the firmware as LT Plus 1.1, not LT 2.0.

What I want to confirm is, that it is the correct firmware to use before I go online and that it will be safe for the newer games.

Thanks in advance!!!
technoe
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: LTPlus-838v1.1 very simple question

Post by technoe »

There should be a LT838v2.0 bin file in there somewhere.
Today Money, Tomorrow the WORLD!!
warship
Bandit
Bandit

Post by warship »

I had the same problem as you louis M92 helped me out with this .

READ EVERYTHING BEFORE FOLLING INTRUCTIONS :)

first of all flash back to stock firmware and get the latest dash update from either xbox live or download it from xbox.com and apply it using a usb stick

then flash your drive with the firmware called LTPlus-025v1.91.bin, this firmware is the default firmware for all phat lite on drives now, dont bother trying to read the firmware from the drive after taking the update because you will need a probe 3 to do so

open your dummy firmware as source in jungleflasher which your should have dumped before, if you havent then make sure you dump it from the drive BEFORE taking the latest dash update

open the LTPlus-025v1.91.bin firmware as target firmware, click spoof source to target, save your new custom firmware somewhere

go into the MTKflash32 tab, click lite on erase and follow the instructions that pop up

once you have your drive in vendor mode (lite on erase procedure does this) click write, wait for it to flash the firmware, pop the drive back in your console and your done! :)
Regards

Warship.
co30op
Peasant
Peasant

Post by co30op »

warship wrote:I had the same problem as you louis M92 helped me out with this .

READ EVERYTHING BEFORE FOLLING INTRUCTIONS :)

first of all flash back to stock firmware and get the latest dash update from either xbox live or download it from xbox.com and apply it using a usb stick

then flash your drive with the firmware called LTPlus-025v1.91.bin, this firmware is the default firmware for all phat lite on drives now, dont bother trying to read the firmware from the drive after taking the update because you will need a probe 3 to do so

open your dummy firmware as source in jungleflasher which your should have dumped before, if you havent then make sure you dump it from the drive BEFORE taking the latest dash update

open the LTPlus-025v1.91.bin firmware as target firmware, click spoof source to target, save your new custom firmware somewhere

go into the MTKflash32 tab, click lite on erase and follow the instructions that pop up

once you have your drive in vendor mode (lite on erase procedure does this) click write, wait for it to flash the firmware, pop the drive back in your console and your done! :)
Thanks Warship,

Right now they have LTPlus-025-v2.0, I'm going to assume its the newer file then 025v1.91....

And you're saying I can use the original key/dummy from when it was first detected with 83850C and just manually spoof the new firmware? Or does the update give you not only a new version, but new key as well?

Thanks
warship
Bandit
Bandit

Post by warship »

you need to flash your box back to stock first, then do the update, download it from the MS live site, to pen drive then flash it again to LT 2.0
Regards

Warship.

Return to “360 DVD Drive Flashing”