spoofed benq drive to a samsung drive with original firmware

The place for more technical questions about modding your Xbox 360!
gatorlee
Bandit
Bandit

spoofed benq drive to a samsung drive with original firmware

Post by gatorlee »

Haven't posted in a while glad to be back. Thanks in advance this forum has always been great.

So, I had my old 360 and I was dyeing to play mw3 and assassins creed. I go to put in my brand new mw3 disc and it won't work. I have been gun shy since the last ban. So i try and fix the drive, absolutely nothing works with the open tray error. So I buy a samsung drive off ebay for 25 bucks. I finally get it wait for the pci card from china, and ready to spoof the drive. Tonight after weeks of waiting I spoof the benq firmware to a sammy with original sammy firmware since i have an actual copy of the game. I put the disc in and it says play game I click play game it loads, then returns to the dash. So I do some reading and it seems that no one can spoof drives anymore. I really planned on buying a wasabi anyway but M$ really put the wood down it seems and those aren't shipping for a while. So I stumbled upon this http://www.isodownload.org/xbox360/bran ... msung.html and wondered if this would be a viable option since I already spoofed the drive. I thought maybe flashing the new firmware would possibly alleviate this.

Is there any option I have now that the drive is spoofed?

Return to “360 DVD Drive Flashing”