XBOX 360 LITEON SLIM DG-164D4S - FWR 1071 - HOW DO I FLASH ?

The place for more technical questions about modding your Xbox 360!
paddypitbug
Bandit
Bandit

XBOX 360 LITEON SLIM DG-164D4S - FWR 1071 - HOW DO I FLASH ?

Post by paddypitbug »

O.k Today I got my self a slim 360 - it has the model DG-164D4S 17C - FIRMWARE orig 1071 and the pcb has a letter in a block P. made in May -2011,. I have had this drive in at one stage flash 72 - it shows in jungleflasher 1.89 - got an old ck3 & an made own pmt probe - pcb board can not find pic's for the probe hole on this pcb board - windows 7 freez's - WinBound chip - besides the Kamikazi chip-drill is there any way of making home made version of any of the items I may need to compleate a flash of this drive or what would I need to buy as in a new kit ?? for this flashing of this drive - thank you for any help with this topic.
yamackbuddy4
Possible Ally of Robinhood
Possible Ally of Robinhood

Re: XBOX 360 LITEON SLIM DG-164D4S - FWR 1071 - HOW DO I FLA

Post by yamackbuddy4 »

paddypitbug wrote:O.k Today I got my self a slim 360 - it has the model DG-164D4S 17C - FIRMWARE orig 1071 and the pcb has a letter in a block P. made in May -2011,. I have had this drive in at one stage flash 72 - it shows in jungleflasher 1.89 - got an old ck3 & an made own pmt probe - pcb board can not find pic's for the probe hole on this pcb board - windows 7 freez's - WinBound chip - besides the Kamikazi chip-drill is there any way of making home made version of any of the items I may need to compleate a flash of this drive or what would I need to buy as in a new kit ?? for this flashing of this drive - thank you for any help with this topic.
Being that the drive has a winbond chip your probe is gonna be useless. The options you listed above are just about the only choices you have besides removing the chip and replacing it with a unlocked one.
shaky
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: XBOX 360 LITEON SLIM DG-164D4S - FWR 1071 - HOW DO I FLA

Post by shaky »

you have to do it the same as the 225 drive the kamakaze hack extract the key , then drill the chip , i used a small screw driver ground down to a small point and sharpened both sides then just slowly turn it from side to side , read the instructions carefuly before you start remember to turn the volume up loud on your computer to hear when you unlock it

Return to “360 DVD Drive Flashing”