Xbox Live Problems Appear After New Dashboard

Have a read and let us know what you think.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Xbox Live Problems Appear After New Dashboard

Post by CoFree »

Xbox Live Problems Appear After New Dashboard Release (2.0.14699.0)
Microsoft unleashed the brand new dashboard update for the Xbox 360 all over the world, but its release wasn’t the smoothest, as after a delay of several hours, the update was finally deployed via the Xbox Live online service, but it quickly crashed and resulted in lots of connectivity issues for Xbox 360 owners.

Microsoft wants to make the Xbox 360 console the most important entertainment platform in the world, and deployed a new interface update that makes it easier to access all of its content, including new features like the TV on Demand service, which is deployed alongside the new software update.

The dashboard went online yesterday, after a delay of a few hours, but once people were actually able to get the new firmware for the Xbox 360, lots of problems started appearing.

Many users found that, after their console restarted in order to complete the install process, they weren’t able to access the Xbox Live online service anymore.

Others were able to start the download but their transfer speed quickly slowed down to a snail’s pace, even if their Internet connection was at full power.

Even those who didn’t want to perform the update were affected by it, as the surge in activity meant that several Xbox Live features, like signing into their accounts from either the console, the PC or from the Xbox.com website, were unresponsive.

Microsoft, through its Xbox Live status page, says that almost everything is back operational, but people are still complaining of intermittent service, aren’t able to get the actual dashboard update or need to wait a huge amount of time before it’s completely downloaded.

How did your Xbox 360 dashboard update go? Were there any problems or was it a smooth process from start to finish? Share your experience below by leaving a comment.

It's typical M$, They want to tell people what they can and can not do with there own console
yet they don't even know how to do a dash update on a console they created on a network they control.

EPIC FAIL
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
louisM92
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: Xbox Live Problems Appear After New Dashboard

Post by louisM92 »

took the update at 7.30am britich time, live was fine, come home from work at 5pm, live was fine, comes home now and it cant connect :evil:

UPDATE: after trying to connect a few times ive managed to get back on!
Need your drive flashed? PM me to sort something out ;)
OR email me at louismoylan@live.co.uk
Flashing in the UK
Also do drive replacements :)
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

its still having trouble
i dont give a crap what they say
No Questions by PM.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

Well
After having the new dash for a while now
I have to say "It's Crap"
Dont get me wrong there are some cool stuff about it
but
the bad brings the whole dash crashing down on your head

Top 10 Reasons
Why the xbox 360 new dash sucks:

1. The fact that M$, is getting away with minors (for the most part) signing/agreeing to a TOS that they can not legally do.

2. Like most of the time, M$ has released something that was and still is broke.it dont work like its suppose to.god if only the rest of us could sell something broke and not have to worry about repercussions.

3. From the look of it M$ clearly does not care about the user experience if they did what the customer wanted would be the biggest and brightest.M$ instead put what they want you to have,get and see first being the ads and commercials

4. The fact that my in game won,or paid for avatar xtra does not show up unless someone clicks on you
is crap

5.The fact it will not let you see who's in a party(by name) other than the host.he is the only name that will pop up,
before you could see who else was in the party.well i guess that could be broke as well.

6. There is no way to turn off the panels you dont what to see.T.V.,music ,video ,and apps just to name a few
Just one more way M$ keeps control of your console.

Now ill add the last 4 as quick as i can
Keep in mind this list is not in any kind of order
or 7,8,9,and 10 would be the first 4 on the list ;)

7. ALL THE SPAM SELLING SHIT,that i am forced to look at. get it out of my face
8. ALL THE SPAM SELLING SHIT,that i am forced to look at. get it out of my face
9. ALL THE SPAM SELLING SHIT,that i am forced to look at. get it out of my face
10. ALL THE SPAM SELLING SHIT,that i am forced to look at. get it out of my face
No Questions by PM.
BREAKFAST4
Peasant
Peasant

Post by BREAKFAST4 »

At first I thought it was sorta cool, turns out it is crap. It barely works. I get booted from Live every 30 minutes and I get errors trying to access the marketplace. I won't call it an epic fail since m$ has so many.
technoe
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by technoe »

My xbox wont even download the update. So it has effectively been rendered useless.
Today Money, Tomorrow the WORLD!!
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

all you can hope is that you can update by usb flash
No Questions by PM.
EnVyMoNtOyA
Bandit
Bandit

Post by EnVyMoNtOyA »

anyone else feel like its just all way too small? I've got a 50" and from my couch things on the main screen look offal tinny
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::Image::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
trailz
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Post by trailz »

Yeah, this update was terrible. I might have been more tolerate of all their little service problems if they hadn't disconnected me from a game in progress to force me to update.
But there's no sense crying over every mistake,
you just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake.
10mg
Squire
Squire

Post by 10mg »

If you hated the look of the update. Stick with win7, your gonna hate win8
commando_lee
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood
Location: Up high in the tree looking out for the Sheriff of Nottingham

Post by commando_lee »

10mg wrote:If you hated the look of the update. Stick with win7, your gonna hate win8
Ha ha its horrible aint it matey. I installed the dv preview on laptop and i can say id prefer to use 3.11 than that
................................................................RobinHoods Very Own
.......................................Image
I do this for the fun and pleasure in helping people. But this is NOT my job. Post up on the boards with your question and some body will help you dont use the PM system.
Garb
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Garb »

Hi guys
After the new update my xbox have problem with my backup disk (goldeneye), it see it and start and install without problem, but when the game starts it continue reading disk with a strange sound from the drive and after a 1 min in the game, it give me a warning message, "fail to authorize disc" click OK then the xbox restarts.
This was not a problem before with same disk.
10mg
Squire
Squire

Post by 10mg »

Garb wrote:Hi guys
After the new update my xbox have problem with my backup disk (goldeneye), it see it and start and install without problem, but when the game starts it continue reading disk with a strange sound from the drive and after a 1 min in the game, it give me a warning message, "fail to authorize disc" click OK then the xbox restarts.
This was not a problem before with same disk.

I would say it was to do with the update. Also from what i beleive is that there is a still a few drives that are not fully compliant with the ap25 checks, so maybe having a looksee and see if your drive is one of those?
sas67
Possible Ally of Robinhood
Possible Ally of Robinhood

Post by sas67 »

i dont like the new dash update,i dont like the look of it
but most of all i hate what it appears to have doen to XBL.
spent an hour this morning "trying" to play MW3!
had numerous errors from server time outs,servers disconnecting but most annoying of all,in middle of a game and it just signs me out of xboxlive completely...soooooooo annoying
and today found it quite glitchy

not impressed whatsoever

rant over :)
flash all phat's and slim drives upto 1175fw.awaiting delivery of cr3lite

Return to “Front Page News”