is my drive dead?

The place to ask your questions about the Xbox 360
jay
Bandit
Bandit

is my drive dead?

Post by jay »

hi i was having trouble flashing my lite on 74850c and it would not read in port r707 with my ck3 probe2,so as i went into the other room to look at the tut on the other computer my lad tried it with the other spear and now when i connect it to the drive i get no lights,but if i take it out of the drive everythimg on the probe is o.k.have i fryed the drive?thanks.jay
yamackbuddy4
Possible Ally of Robinhood
Possible Ally of Robinhood

Re: is my drive dead?

Post by yamackbuddy4 »

Hard to say if you killed the drive or not but probing r707 is no longer gonna work for you if you are running s dash 13599 or newer. Have a read in the tutorial section. There is a tut on how to make a homemade probe as the one u have needs to be tweaked to work. Also inside the jungleflasher rar there is a tut inside you may wanna read. If the dash is 13599 your drive is no longer has 7 series fw on it it now would be 0251 so you will need to flash it as such. Make sure you get the drive key if you dont have it . The drive can always be replaced but to buy a new drive and have somebody pull the key from the mobo is costly.
peacock
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: is my drive dead?

Post by peacock »

yamackbuddy4 wrote:Hard to say if you killed the drive or not but probing r707 is no longer gonna work for you if you are running s dash 13599 or newer. Have a read in the tutorial section. There is a tut on how to make a homemade probe as the one u have needs to be tweaked to work. Also inside the jungleflasher rar there is a tut inside you may wanna read. If the dash is 13599 your drive is no longer has 7 series fw on it it now would be 0251 so you will need to flash it as such. Make sure you get the drive key if you dont have it . The drive can always be replaced but to buy a new drive and have somebody pull the key from the mobo is costly.
LOL..I just learnt this need probe 3

Return to “Beginners”