My xbox 360 so far! Red/Black

Let us see what you've done to your Xbox 360 that makes it your own!
shwaggy
Squire
Squire

My xbox 360 so far! Red/Black

Post by shwaggy »

Here is my 360 so far Im actually scrapping the whole case to turn in into a simpsons case pretty soon but will keep you updated on it. Plus Im getting lots of stuff this friday from llamma like new fan,duct,cathodes,leds for ring of light and a couple other things I cant think of now... What do you think?

parminder
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: My xbox 360 so far! Red/Black

Post by parminder »

yeh i've seen this on three websites now, on 360mods, acidmods and youtube. that is a really good mod. what paint did you use. i wouldnt mind doing the cut again and using the material you told me but i need a case lol. thanks for comment.

one thing do you no your drive how did you stick that circle thing which goes on top of the drive. did you stick it or something.
flashed 16 benQ, 8 Sams25, 3 sam28, 2 hit 0059dj, 2 0047dh 3 0047dj, still stuck on 0078fk, failed 0047dj hardware

CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

looks good man
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
shwaggy
Squire
Squire

Post by shwaggy »

Thanks. I actually took the same thing (lexan) that I used for the case and cut a piece to fit on top of the drive. Then I cut the circle out of the original metal top casing and painted the individual pieces to match then screwed it to the lexan using tiny screws.. Gives it a floating look and was super fun to do :)

The reason I used lexan is for one its clear and two it absorbs heat. Ill post you a pick of the actual dvd drive here in one sec.

edit: Paint was rustoleum matte black and then shiny red.
parminder
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by parminder »

shwaggy wrote:Thanks. I actually took the same thing (lexan) that I used for the case and cut a piece to fit on top of the drive. Then I cut the circle out of the original metal top casing and painted the individual pieces to match then screwed it to the lexan using tiny screws.. Gives it a floating look and was super fun to do :)

The reason I used lexan is for one its clear and two it absorbs heat. Ill post you a pick of the actual dvd drive here in one sec.

edit: Paint was krylon matte black and then shiny red.
i would like to know it a bit in detail as i have a benq drive and at the moment there are no covers for it and i could actually do the same as what you did. picz would be great
cheers
flashed 16 benQ, 8 Sams25, 3 sam28, 2 hit 0059dj, 2 0047dh 3 0047dj, still stuck on 0078fk, failed 0047dj hardware

shwaggy
Squire
Squire

Post by shwaggy »

Give me like 2 hours till my roomate comes home cause she has my camera then ill take some close up picks that will explain a bit more. Sorry forgot she had it.

Ok Sorry it took so long but here are some pictures of the dvd drive upclose.. If you have any questions just let me know..

parminder
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by parminder »

oh like that. it is really impressive, when i get my wisper fans and stuff i will open it up and do that, excellent man good job.

shwaggy
Squire
Squire

Post by shwaggy »

Thanks its really not very hard to do and it gives it a very nice floating look. Good luck and if you have any questions just ask.
parminder
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by parminder »

shwaggy wrote:Thanks its really not very hard to do and it gives it a very nice floating look. Good luck and if you have any questions just ask.
hey man just finished cutting the plexi to the size of the drive and i am stuck on how to screw the plexi to the drive, also how do i take out that cap thing from my original drive. the one in your picture which is painted red and stuff, did you stick that there or you left it to spin with the drive. from what i think its sticking on the plexi.

thanks

sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

He's using long bolts that go beside the holes on the side of the drive and has drilled a hole in the tabs next to those holes with nuts on the bottom to hold the lid down. Looks like he cut the lid on his old drive lid to get the part that the disk magnet sits in and covered it with lexan and drilled small holes for some really small screws to hold that in place. Thats just what I get from looking at the pics but I could be wrong on that.
Sadalius

No questions by PM please
shwaggy
Squire
Squire

Post by shwaggy »

sadalius wrote:He's using long bolts that go beside the holes on the side of the drive and has drilled a hole in the tabs next to those holes with nuts on the bottom to hold the lid down. Looks like he cut the lid on his old drive lid to get the part that the disk magnet sits in and covered it with lexan and drilled small holes for some really small screws to hold that in place. Thats just what I get from looking at the pics but I could be wrong on that.

What he said... the middle part I dremeled out and screwed down onto the middle of the lexan. Be careful you get the exact middle take some measurements before you throw it on there.. The black and read pieces inside the red piece should move freely. It has a magnet that connects to the disc.. and allows to spin. Hope that helps.. Good look.. be sure to post me with updates.. Srry took so long to reply
parminder
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by parminder »

neh man reply is just fine, bit still unclear about the bolts and stuff but i will come up with something and give an update.
thanks

Return to “Cosmetic Case Mods”