SIXAXIS PS3 Controller Discontinued; DualShock 3 is Here

Have a read and let us know what you think.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

SIXAXIS PS3 Controller Discontinued; DualShock 3 is Here

Post by CoFree »

The DualShock 3 is the PlayStation 3 controller of the future

Force feedback vibration controllers are nearly within the grasp of North American PlayStation 3 gamers. Announced at last year’s Tokyo Games Show, the DualShock 3 released November 11 in Japan. Gamers elsewhere resorted to import solutions in order to experience the good vibrations not felt since the PlayStation 2 days.
The DualShock 3 will hit U.S. retail on April 15, near the release of Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, which supports rumble feedback. SCEA announced in February that the DualShock 3 will retail at $54.99, or $5 more than the current SIXAXIS controller.

Although Sony appears to have little problem maintaining multiple different SKUs for its consoles, it has no intention of keeping two controller models on the market. Speaking to MTV, a Sony representative said, “Sixaxis will no longer be offered after it’s completely sold through at retail (likely by the summer timeframe).”

One interesting thing to take away from the Sony statement is that a new 40GB PS3 console package will be on its way perhaps as soon as summer. As the current 40GB model includes a SIXAXIS controller, Sony will have to at the very least revise its current bundle to incorporate the newer DualShock 3.

The DualShock 3 controller will be officially a part of new consoles this June, with the introduction of the Metal Gear Solid 4 package which will include the game, 80GB PlayStation 3 and controller.

4/3/08 Update: Gamers are reporting that that local retailers, such as GameStop and Best Buy, have begun receiving early shipments of DualShock 3 controllers and are permitted to sell immediately.
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
BobSeager
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: SIXAXIS PS3 Controller Discontinued; DualShock 3 is Here

Post by BobSeager »

20gb 499
60gb 599

20gb gone
60gb 499

60gb gone

80gb 599
40gb 399

80gb gone

sixaxis gone

...that's abyssmal
Sesshomaru
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Post by Sesshomaru »

Yeah as much as I shred Microsoft, at least the 360 comes with component cables. At $400 the 40GB PS3 only comes with composite video cables, doesn't do much for those of us with HDTV's.
sccrbrandon4788
Possible Ally of Robinhood
Possible Ally of Robinhood

Post by sccrbrandon4788 »

and the elite comes with an HDMI cable too...
parminder
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by parminder »

why wait for it to come with the new console package get it from japan, i already modded this peace of gadget, this is the reason why i started pplaying some games i used to play on xb0x 360. get it and you wont be dissapointed. well atleast i wasnt.
flashed 16 benQ, 8 Sams25, 3 sam28, 2 hit 0059dj, 2 0047dh 3 0047dj, still stuck on 0078fk, failed 0047dj hardware

Return to “Front Page News”