Is my sata card faulty??

The place to ask your questions about the Xbox 360
jonneyboimc
Peasant
Peasant

Is my sata card faulty??

Post by jonneyboimc »

hi,
i brought a via6421 card off ebay, and basicaly what ever i do i can get my computer to reconize it, it does not show up in my computer, and i tried flashing a samsung drive with it and i just get a 0xFF error, when i turn the drive on and off, and when i try to do my liteon drive iprep says failed to read firmware or somthing.. i also tried jungle flasher and it just says no drive connected... ive tried it with the drive off and on, but still no luck..

I have also tried connecting my hdd to the sata card and the computer says no boot device..

i cant see anything else which i can do, any suggestions??

Also i have this http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?M ... 1333-DVI/H" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; motherboad, is its onboard sata compatable with xbox 360 fashing..

Any help would be greatly appreciated :D

thanks jonathan
trailz
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Is my sata card faulty??

Post by trailz »

Did you install PortIO? JF comes with it and instructions how to install it.
But there's no sense crying over every mistake,
you just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake.
jonneyboimc
Peasant
Peasant

Post by jonneyboimc »

thanks for the reply

yep I did and it's shows up in device manager (as xbox 360 io device, or somthing like that)

I also installed the latest via drivers from their site.
trailz
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Post by trailz »

Well, if you are trying to do liteon you shouldn't have the VIA drivers installed. I've never hooked up a Hitachi, so I don't know about that 0xFF error. JF has a special tab for the Hitachi, you sure you have everything set right? Revision maybe?

If you're trying to troubleshoot the card still, can you hook up a regular hard drive/optical drive to it? You will need the drivers to do that, but I'm not sure if PortIO will conflict with it like this or not.
But there's no sense crying over every mistake,
you just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake.
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

jonneyboimc wrote:hi, i brought a via6421 card off ebay, and basicaly what ever i do i can get my computer to reconize it, it does not show up in my computer
Look in device manager, if it doesnt show up under Storage Controller's thats your problem. Your card likely has problems, contact the seller, they will likely ship a new one.
spartacus99
Squire
Squire

Post by spartacus99 »

I had a pc with Intel ICH7 chipset and i could not get it to anything on board or with the via card,in the end gave up and got a nf3 chipset board and using my via card havnt had a problem since.

Return to “Beginners”