Been away for a while......

The place to ask your questions about the Xbox 360
RyanGSXR
Squire
Squire

Been away for a while......

Post by RyanGSXR »

So I been digging around a bit and things pretty much seem the same. Game BU's have changed a bit but, flashing and stuff seem pretty much the same. Guess what I'm getting at is.....

1.61 iXtreme still the latest? I had flashed my buddies box with 1.61 and he's been banned.......
I noticed MS dropped the ban hammer on alot of consoles. Are they still hammering? I don't play BU's online. Am I still safe?
Can the newest games be BU'd?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. :D
trailz
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Been away for a while......

Post by trailz »

Welcome back to the forest.

1.61 is still the latest.

The ban wave appears to be over at the moment. If you already have a console that was flashed but connected to Live at some point, you MAY be banned. Nasty ban too. Messes up the profiles and the hard drive.

As for playing backups online.... who knows? The new firmware doesn't really do any stealth checks but passes whatever it reads to M$. It all depends on the quality of backups. The current wave (4) can be backed up. iXtreme 1.61 plays these just fine but earlier versions have a work around to boot them too. There's also the beginning of a Wave 5, but it isn't too much different and Left 4 Dead 2 is the only wave 5 game. abgx360 has also been updated to support SSv2, angles responses read by an xbox360 drive, though I think you need to do the rip with an 0800 drive.

There are also a few new versions of the Liteon drives out there too. 83850v1/2 and the 93850. They are tricky to flash.

That should be just about everything...
But there's no sense crying over every mistake,
you just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake.
RyanGSXR
Squire
Squire

Re: Been away for a while......

Post by RyanGSXR »

No, I haven't been banned. I hadn't been online in quite sometime and jumped online here recently and everything seems fine. My buddy played alot of BU's online so, I'm pretty convinced that it's the discs that are the risk. Last time I messed with any of this was @ July 09 so I'm sure I need to get some new programs. Guess I need to hit the download section here. Hopefully it's up to date! Anyway, thanks for the input. I appreciate it. Time to do some reading........ :D

Return to “Beginners”