I/O error help!!

For questions with backing up your games!
chris.redfield
Bandit
Bandit

I/O error help!!

Post by chris.redfield »

Well I have searched far and wide for help with this I/O error I get every time I use ImgBurn and I think after 5 verbatim discs enough is enough.
I replaced my sony sata drive which was connected to the pc with the a VIA-VT6421 raid card after my attempts at making Dual Layer data disc. I bought now an IDE LG drive and to my luck no go.
From what I can think of that could only have caused this mystery would be when I connected my wifes cousins labtop HDD to my pc via the raid card to backup her work and I was met with a blue screen error. I am on the border of just reinstalling the OS to see if that fixes it but its to late to start today.
If anyone has had this type of error before making backups please let me know and thank you.

redfield out.
he-man
Merry Men
Merry Men

Re: I/O error help!!

Post by he-man »

Have you tried uninstalling IMGburn, cleaning the registery, rebooting the pc and then re-installing the lastest version? This has sovled IMGburn issues for me in the past.
chris.redfield
Bandit
Bandit

Post by chris.redfield »

Thanks He-man, I actually did a system restore and found that a creative driver was installed just before the problems so I am now testing using regular dvds and applying the test option in IMGBurn. Also I did a check disc and a fix errors but how to I clean the registry?

redfield out...
he-man
Merry Men
Merry Men

Post by he-man »

I use ccleaner to clean my registery after I uninstall programs. Ccleaner is free but you can buy programs to do it but there's no need to pay for such a program.
Not sure about posting links to pc programs, so pm for the link or google ccleaner, should be the 1st option.
chris.redfield
Bandit
Bandit

Post by chris.redfield »

it seems that when burning a dvd or standard cd the burners work fine but when trying to burn a Dual Layer Disc the I/O error comes about.
Note when burning the dvd data the layer break was first off and then applied just as for burning backups both times no problem.
My first DL since the test runs showed another I/O error.
I think I may reinstall windows 7 so catch any bugs that may have occurred.
If anyone has any info on this please help me out.
redfield out...
he-man
Merry Men
Merry Men

Post by he-man »

Have you tried the "troubleshoot compatibility" option if you right click on the imgburn icon? When I upgraded from Vista to Windows 7 I had to do it with a couple of programs.
chris.redfield
Bandit
Bandit

Post by chris.redfield »

I found on a forum that going into the imgburn settings/I/O/ check readings always use buffer worked for someone but to no avail it did nothing for me.
Next...
well i went into the compatibility option and changed it to work with xp service 2 but after doing that it responds to me that the program is incompatible. I uninstalled it and am considering using nero 8 lite but have no idea how to use it.
Lol I just bought a new drive thinking that was the problem but wow I never thought this would go so deep and I cant believe no one has figured out what is causing this type of I/O error. Honestly I made One backup data disc, took a break to check if it worked all was fine, then I popped in another blank disc, same data was set in the target and at about 40% BOOM! I/O error!
Apparently this is not a first time incident as I have read almost countless forums on the subject. I will give the registry cleaner a try and see where that takes me but I honestly feel I have wasted enough time and 5 discs already that I am just gonna reinstall 7 and see where that takes me...

redfield out...
chris.redfield
Bandit
Bandit

Post by chris.redfield »

ok just ran ccleaner and read up on nero and its inability to set the layer break so I uninstalled already and will test this out one more time with the original drive.
Question?
My new drive is IDE and Is set to slave on the primary IDE port because both my HDD's are sata, is this set up not advisable?
next move reinstall 7.
redfield out...
chris.redfield
Bandit
Bandit

Post by chris.redfield »

For anyone having this same problem just down grade IMGBurn to the 2.4 version.
It seems that my older mother board with windows 7 os just could not accept the scsi script that IMGBurn 2.5 was sending.
All in all I know have no problems.
Remember kids if its not broken then dont go trying to fix it.
So if your imgburn gives no problems in this case keep it and dont update.

Hope this can help out some people ready to kick in their towers.

redfield out...

Return to “Game Backups”