j-tag, now what.

Only things pertaining to J-Tag
Forum rules
Only post or question about doing J-tag on a 360.
All other post/question will be moved or trashed.
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

j-tag, now what.

Post by sadalius »

I am the proud owner of a j-tag exploited console. I can get into xell and run xex loader, but whats the next level. I don't have an official 360 hdd to NXE the games too, all I have is an external USB hdd for it. Obviously, NXE doesn't see the external USB drive so it won't let me copy games to the HDD. So what would be the best solution for this scenario. Would connecting the HDD to the computer, creating a folder on the USB hdd, make an ISO of the game that I want, use schtroms to extact it to the folder on the hdd and then use either xex loader or NXE2GOD to either load it or make a LIVE shortcut to it work? I'm off to try and see what happens!
Sadalius

No questions by PM please
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: j-tag, now what.

Post by sadalius »

Sorry for the double post but I got things figured out. I was having a hard time wrapping my mind around how things worked. Guess I've gotten a little spoiled with how things work for the Wii, LOL. But anywho, its not that bad once you've been through the process of extracting the game files and putting them on an external usb drive and then using xex loader to play it.

Next step in learning, get an official xbox 360 hdd so I can copy to the HDD using NXE and then create game on demand links to be able to have the games show up in the game library of the system menu.
Sadalius

technoe
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by technoe »

Man I can't wait to sit down and do one of my own. I know there are still plenty of systems out there. Glad to see you got things figured out though.
Today Money, Tomorrow the WORLD!!
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

Its not really that bad once you've been through it. Only thing is getting the dump off the nand takes what seems forever if you've got one of the larger nands. The rest of it is pretty simple. Kinda works like the Wii. Take your external hdd and put it to fat32 and create a folder called games. Then take an ISO from a game that you made and use schtroms 360 extract to extract the game data to a folder then put that into the games folder on the HDD. Connect it up to the jtagged 360 and boot it up. I've been using XEXLoader burnt to a CD to boot the games from the HDD with. But now I'm going to take that a step further by getting an official microsoft 20gb hdd to put XEXLoader on that hdd that way I can launch it from the dashboard and then launch the games and have a truly diskless system. Very cool in my opinion.
Sadalius

technoe
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by technoe »

That's what I wanna do and I have like three extra hdd's setting around. That'd be a great thing to take overseas for all my military buddies.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

i have one jtaged but
after the flash
i get error 22

ive talked to doree some
and he has athing or two for me to try
as soon as i get time.

glad to hear you got one running

its my understanding, EA games will not play with the loader :?
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

I haven't tried any games from EA, but everything I've tried so far works great. I can't put to many games on the way I've got it setup right now. No 360 hdd and a 20 gb external hdd, LOL. I've got stuff ordered for it though ;)
Sadalius

technoe
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by technoe »

Yeah I'd love to hook up a full 2TB drive up to one!! :D :D
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

technoe wrote:Yeah I'd love to hook up a full 2TB drive up to one!! :D :D
No doubt, that'd be awesome!
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

2TB I think would be a little overkill for me, LOL. I picked up a 640 GB seagate go drive at best buy and have a 360 drive on the way. I've already got a bunch of regular and XBLA games on. From the looks of it, that is enough to hold around 120 regular games. More than enough to keep me occupied ;)
Sadalius

Return to “J-Tag”