Update question?!

The place to ask your questions about the Xbox 360
FunkyMonk
Bandit
Bandit

Update question?!

Post by FunkyMonk »

I've started using a console that's in all likelihood banned from LIVE. the reason i'm using it is because i want to be able to use the HDD to play games off of as the noise playing games off the DVD drive is too much for me. Now the HDD I'm using was connected to a different console of mine that got banned, and was on the console when it happened. Now whenever i boot up the 360(that's banned but has never been on LIVE) i get asked to update. This only happens when the HDD is connected so there's obviously something on there asking the console to update. Up until now i've decided not to in case there's something nasty that's going to cripple the HDD

So what should i do? I suppose i should format the drive but I'm curious anyway as to what it might be. :D
trailz
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Update question?!

Post by trailz »

If the HDD was on the Xbox when it was banned, some of the content is probably corrupted. At the very least, any profiles that were signed in at the time and saves for whatever game was playing are corrupted. There is a way to uncorrupt the xbox to restore its ability to use the HDD and a way to fix the content so you can move it to another console.

http://www.pothsprojects.com/viewtopic.php?f=102&t=1168

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=697231
But there's no sense crying over every mistake,
you just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake.
FunkyMonk
Bandit
Bandit

Post by FunkyMonk »

nah, the profile has already been recovered on an unbanned console over LIVE etc.

I'm just curious about this update i keep getting asked to accept despite not being connect to LIVE.
trailz
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Post by trailz »

I don't know. I've never seen or heard of that.
But there's no sense crying over every mistake,
you just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake.

Return to “Beginners”