Insufficent time for Operation

For questions with backing up your games!
irishjoe
Bandit
Bandit

Insufficent time for Operation

Post by irishjoe »

I am trying to rip Saints Row 2 with Xbox Backup creator v2.9 but am getting a wierd error.
It starts and gets up to 3.39% then an error pops up saying "Action: Read Security Sector. Sense error: 6/2E/00. Insufficient time for operation."

I am using an old Tosh Sam drive with 0800 firmare on it.

The original disk works fine in my Console too. (fw 1.6.1 I think.)

It does the same thing if I try SPTI and ASPI.

Is this a faulty disk or am I doing something stupid?
Thanks for the help guys :)
who_be_dat
Bandit
Bandit

Re: Insufficent time for Operation

Post by who_be_dat »

Is the disc in good condition? I had trouble ripping games if they where to beatup, try cleaning then repeat process.
irishjoe
Bandit
Bandit

Post by irishjoe »

I'm not sure what was wrong with it, I ejected it and put the disk in a few times and it stared to read it. No idea what caused it.

My xbox wont play any of the newer games that I have got, I think its a bad flash so going to wait till the next firmware comes out for my Benq and flash it.
Tiger woods 06 worked fine when I copied it but Saints Row 2 and the batman game wont work. Hopefully a new flash will help that.

Thanks for the help mate.
who_be_dat
Bandit
Bandit

Post by who_be_dat »

What Fw do you have on your benq? Batman should boot on on older fw such as 1.51. I have a sammy and benq 1.61 that boot the new waves just fine without boot dics. How did you flash you drive? I like to use Jf and sometime dosflash32.
Try puttin drive in mode b open Jungleflasher read fw on drive and check to see what fw is on drive, you can do it with dosflash too. iprep is cool just to many steps for me.
who_be_dat
Bandit
Bandit

Post by who_be_dat »

I've read around and Cofree suggested that Benq with 0800 fw are better at ripping games. might wanna swap drives and ues sammy as 360 drive, sammy 1.61 boots ME2 no Problem.
irishjoe
Bandit
Bandit

Post by irishjoe »

Yeah, that might be a better idea but I think my sammy is on its last legs. It takes about 10 presses of the eject button for it to spit the disk out.

I used iPrep to flash both my drives and I have a v2 connectivity kit now, I didn't have before and was using the xbox to power the drive.
I tried using jungleflasher but after an hour, I couldnt get it to recognise my drive so I gave up. Ive had problems flashing things in windows so thought I would give up before I broke one of my drives. (I flashed my BIOS thru windows and it shat itself and had to go and buy a new chip. Also flashed a normal DVD ROM drive in windows and it went bad and took me days to get t working again. Thus, I'd rather take windows out of the equasion!!!)

I think I might just re-flash my benq with 1.5.1 this weekend and wait till LT comes out for it. I ain't connected my xbox to the net in about 6 months since the rumours of bannings started.

Why have you got 2 drives? Did u buy one for ripping?
who_be_dat
Bandit
Bandit

Post by who_be_dat »

I have a few 360's :mrgreen: .. i plan on flashing a benq drive with fw 0800.
irishjoe
Bandit
Bandit

Post by irishjoe »

I got my sammy from buying a second hand xbox from ebay. Yes, I am an idiot! I didn't think the RROD situation was as bad as everyone told me and it died within a year.
I got myself a jasper processor one new and not had any problems with it. I looked inside and it's got loads of extra cooling on it than my original one that had nowt.

Thats why I have an extra drive hanging about :)
who_be_dat
Bandit
Bandit

Post by who_be_dat »

Yea its always good to have a spare 360 around, have you ever reflowed a 360 mobo with a heat gun? Work well to fix RROD.
irishjoe
Bandit
Bandit

Post by irishjoe »

I tried everything but the heatgun trick. Didnt have a heat gun and got annoyed with it so just went out and bought a new xbox. (After a ot of looking about cause at the time, Liteons couldnt be flashed so had to find a benq one from looking at what team made it and when.)

I bought the executioner rrod repair kit which was crap. Think it was made by them anyway...

If I had a heat gun, id prob give it a go just to see what happens. :)
Have u had a go at it?
who_be_dat
Bandit
Bandit

Post by who_be_dat »

Yea I bought mine from ebay brand new $15 shipped. I always had trouble repairing RROD until i got a heat gun.I dont have a kit i always use a broken xbox.. I HATE LITE-ON's
irishjoe
Bandit
Bandit

Post by irishjoe »

How much harder are liteons to flash?
who_be_dat
Bandit
Bandit

Post by who_be_dat »

There not that hard you just need more tools for the newer ones, like a probe and you have to open the drives. More likely to screw something up.
irishjoe
Bandit
Bandit

Post by irishjoe »

Was just wondering cause my mate was asking me to flash his xbox for him and it's probably a liteon cause it's quite new.
who_be_dat
Bandit
Bandit

Post by who_be_dat »

I think you can use the hot swao method and wxripper to rip Saints Row 2 its wave 3 so you can download the partion from abgx site and put it into sealth files folder in abgx program folder on you pc. Run iso through abgx and it will fix missing files. Just something you can do if you dont wanna mess with flashing another drive for ripping. Do you know the hotswap method? you use normal dvd rom drive no need for anything else.

Return to “Game Backups”