Help! Keep getting unkown flash chip error on dosflash

The place to ask your questions about the Xbox 360
genkisudo
Peasant
Peasant

Help! Keep getting unkown flash chip error on dosflash

Post by genkisudo »

I tried to flash via jungleflasher but instead ended up wiping my drive which now doesnt resspond at all. I tried to flash via dosflash but inbetween writing banks the xbox whent into standby (yup i forgot to plug the tv cables in) now all i get is Unknown flash chip error on dosflash. Also jungleflasher no longer recognises the drive. I tried to follow the below guide but i had to use the latest iprep as the older ones simply dont recognise the 1.5 ix firmware (no valid firmware error).

http://robinhoodsplayground.com/forum/v ... 110&t=3226" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I managed to create a bootable disk but the file lay out is different to the one descrinbed above!
i deleted two unecessary folders but still have these left
If anyone can help quuite possibly the world worst modder it'd be greatly appreciated
nufcmickey
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Re: Help! Keep getting unkown flash chip error on dosflash

Post by nufcmickey »

This is why I refuse to use JF, Nowt but hassle. You should of just waited for iprep m8. My CK3 order has been completed and I be doing a lite on first time when it arrives, But even if Iprep v12 still not out when I want to flash I will still rather wait than use JF.

Good Luck man some1 shud be able to help and get it sorted for you.
chrislfc
Merry Men
Merry Men

Post by chrislfc »

have a look at this guide much easer to get your head round http://www.robinhoodsplayground.com/for ... 197&t=7041" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and this iprep should be ok with the 1.5 http://www.robinhoodsplayground.com/for ... php?id=614" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
it the RHPG's iPrep v009
IF CALSBURG MADE LIER'S THEY WOULD PROBABLE NEVER BE AS GOOD AS HICKS AND GILLETT
chrislfc
Merry Men
Merry Men

Post by chrislfc »

ow i forgot to say the reason you could be geting unkown flash chip error on dosflash is the drive may still be in vendor
IF CALSBURG MADE LIER'S THEY WOULD PROBABLE NEVER BE AS GOOD AS HICKS AND GILLETT
genkisudo
Peasant
Peasant

Post by genkisudo »

Ok thanks for the help ppl i have followed the advice (not strictly the same method) from cofree's instructional. I have created a bootable usb (not using i prep though) and have followed him all the way through. The drive did respond however when it comes to writing the banks it freezes at bank 0!

Any ideas?
chrislfc
Merry Men
Merry Men

Post by chrislfc »

when you get to were you resend mtk or something like that do you power cycle the drive when when you press yes if so dont power cycle and see if that helps
genkisudo
Peasant
Peasant

Post by genkisudo »

the last time i tried i did power cycle
chrislfc
Merry Men
Merry Men

Post by chrislfc »

if i was you i would try this way viewtopic.php?f=197&t=7041 its very simple i try the way cofree vid shows but could not do it
nufcmickey
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Post by nufcmickey »

Coffrees vid on iprep helped me do my first ever flash, I watched it over and over, downloaded for my phone and even wrote it down word for word and I must say it went very well. I never ran into one problem. That was with iprep.

Return to “Beginners”