Attention Those Who Smoke Tobacco Products

A place to hang out with the other members of Robinhoods Playground.com
Got a joke or a story let us hear it.
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Attention Those Who Smoke Tobacco Products

Post by sadalius »

Smoking tobacco products poses a very serious health risk. As we should all know. Not only is it a health risk, its become very expensive to. I have smoked off and on for quite sometime. And have now found a way to quit them for good. Its called an electronic cigarette.

Now what exactly is an electronic cigarette? Its a way of getting nicotine without actually burning and smoking tobacco. Basically its a battery, atomizer and a cartridge. The cartridge is loaded with whats called e-liquid. E-liquid is basically either PG (propylene glycol) or VG (Vegetable Glycol) base liquid, nicotine and flavoring. You can get the e-liquid in a variety of flavors and doses of nicotine. The atomizer contains a heating element that heats the e-liquid when activated and turns the liquid into a vapor that is then inhaled. You get the same sensation as smoking, but only getting the nicotine instead of the other poisons that are involved with smoking a tobacco product.

Not only is it better health wise, but less expensive over a period of time. It is a little expensive initially to get started. Let me use myself as an example. I bought a starter kit that cost $93 USD. Then I bought some extra e-liquid. Both the kit and the extra e-liquid should be enough to last me at the very least 3 months. Everything total was around $125 USD. I was smoking a pack of cigarettes per day. Over 3 months time that would equate to around $405 USD of cigarettes at $4.50 USD. Thats saving $280 USD over that 3 month period of time.

If your interested in quitting all together, then one of these starter kits would be great because the place that I bought mine from comes with some pre-loaded cartridges. There are so many of the cartridges that are high nicotine, so many medium and then some 0 mg nicotine. So you would be stepping yourself down in nicotine until you could quit all together.

Now some people are using these things out in public in a big way. By that I mean they are going into areas that are posted as No Smoking and using them. Technically, you can do this because your not actually smoking but rather inhaling a vapor. There is no danger of second hand health issues either. But I wouldn't just walk in somewhere and start using my e-cigarette with out first explaining to the workers what it was, how it works and asking permission first.

With that being said, here is a video of only one kind of e-cigarette. There are several different kinds on the market, some with automatic batteries, manual batteries. Those that closely resemble a cigarette, cigar, or even a pipe to those that sport a more modern look. The liquid is available in many flavors from tobacco, candy, fruit and even liquors. The liquid can be purchased in different levels of nicotine concentrations as well. If you look around on the net, you'll find lots of places to purchase them from and yes, you have to be 18 years of age to purchase them. And if I can be of any help in the process, just let me know. I'll help all I can. The message I am trying to send here is, If your using tobacco products, get off of them.
Sadalius

No questions by PM please
twi5t3d
Bandit
Bandit

Re: Attention Those Who Smoke Tobacco Products

Post by twi5t3d »

sweet id like to try that :twisted:
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

If you have questions or need info, just let me know. I'll try and answer the best I can.
Sadalius

trailz
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Post by trailz »

Good for you getting off that stuff man.

Have you ever tried hookah at any point? I've heard that is much healthier than cigarettes, too. I know it is anywhere near as good as the e-cig or all-out quitting, though.
But there's no sense crying over every mistake,
you just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake.
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

No, I hadn't tried that. I've actually never heard of it. I only knew about the e-cig because one of the guys that I work with, he found out about them somehow and got one. When he told me about them, I done a little research and after him using his for a little while decided I would give it a go. I have to say that I was a little nervous that I would be a wreck without real cigarettes, but so far, I haven't wanted any. Of course my goal is to gradually reduce the amount of nicotine that I take in and eventually just quit all together and Ifigure this is easiest way to go.

One thing I forgot to mention, if you don't smoke at all, then don't start. Thats the best advice I can give anyone. Save your money for some 360 games or something way more interesting!!
Sadalius

HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Smoking with a hookah probably isnt healthier, and if it is, you cant exactly walk around with a hookah and smoke some shisha whenever you get a craving. shisha has like 100x more nicotine in it than tobacco, and the weird thing is there is no minimum age to buy a hookah and the shisha.

I only ever really smoke when I drink or go out, my brother smokes like a chimney, and tried to quit, and was going to buy one of these, but he ended up using some pill's but ended up smoking again.

Good to know this actually work's, I may need to invest in one, seeing as its cheaper and healthier than cigarettes, and can help you quit.
crypie
Keeper of the Forest
Keeper of the Forest

Post by crypie »

which brand did you get? I've done some research on the actual product, and all of the e-cigs are classified in different model numbers, and just rebranded by multiple companies selling pretty much the same exact model.

Me and dixie are very interested in trying these, to get ourselves off smoking easier however following all the information i've gotten from multiple sources online.. Watching one of the guys who were marketing the product at a mall, take a real smoke break outside, with a hoodie on trying to avoid being spotted by anyone that might be a potential customer.. Makes me wonder if we'll ever find the right product.
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

The one that I bought is a re-branded joye 510 witha beefed up battery. It's sold by totallywicked-eliquid.com as the Titan Tornado. I bought it as a kit that came with two batteries, two atomizers, charger and 10 cartridges pre-loaded with tobacco flavored e-liquid of varying doses of nicotine. I also picked up the USB charger for the Tornado so I could charge both batteries at the same time should I need to. Everything together cost me $93.00 after a 7.5% discount. The Tornado takes a little getting used to because it's more of the size of a stubby cigar because it has a much larger battery than the traditional e-cig. but the advantage is being able to use it for around 6-8 hours before having to charge it back up. If your a heavy smoker and are interested in this, then I would advise to get a couple extra batteries, or if your around somewhere that has a USB port, maybe a USB passthrough. I also like the manual batteries better than the automatic ones. This is because the way the auto batteries work. There is a small diaphragm that sits in the bottom part of the atomizer and when you draw on it, it activates the battery. The ones that I've seen takes a second for the battery to kick in and actually start vaporizing the liquid so for a short period, your sucking nothing but air. With the manual battery, you push a button to activate it, then draw then let off the button. That provides your vapor as soon as you draw on it.

As for the liquid, I get mine from a different site. I get that from myfreedomsmokes.com. Here is the way I calculated my nicotine needs for the first go round. I was smoking a pack a day. From my research, I have found that most popular cigarettes contain aroun 1.2 MG of nicotine per cigarette. Multiply that by 20 (The number of cigarettes in a pack) and you get 24 mg per pack of cigarettes. So whatever e-liquid I purchase would need to be around the 24 mg dosage range to fill what I was getting with real cigarettes. I think this is the key to being successful with this approach more so than the equipment that you buy. If your body is used to getting more nicotine that what your giving it, you will have trouble with it in my mind. Or if you go to far above what your body is used to, you'll have problems as well. Nicotine headaches, sick to your stomache, etc. etc. I would spend more time researching how much nicotine you need to start with and then look at the various equipment. As far as equipment goes, everyone that I know that is doing this orders there hardware from totallywicked and everyone but me got the titan 510 kit in either the two or three cigarette kit. They all love them. But again, thats a matter of preference. They have everything from ones that look like real cigarettes, pipes, cigars, and the more modern looking ones like the titan and tornado. My boss tells me all the time that it looks like I'm chewing on an ink pen instead of smoking or vaping as the ones that are into it calls it.
Sadalius

technoe
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by technoe »

Did you know that Nicotine is the most addictive substance on the planet. You are 10 times more likely to be hooked on Nicotine than heroine. And nearly 1000 more times than marijuana. In fact caffeine is more addictive than weed. Just some facts for ya.
Today Money, Tomorrow the WORLD!!
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

technoe wrote:Did you know that Nicotine is the most addictive substance on the planet. You are 10 times more likely to be hooked on Nicotine than heroine. And nearly 1000 more times than marijuana. In fact caffeine is more addictive than weed. Just some facts for ya.
Well marijuana is kind of in a gray area. You can easily argue that it is addicting, or that it is not. Personally my opinion is that is is not, seeing as there are no withdraw symptom's, and any habitual user doesnt use for a physical need, but to simply cope. If they learnt how to deal with their problem's they wouldn't need an escape (drugs)

I didnt know that nicotine was the most addictive substance on the planet, you WOULD think seeing as it is the most addicting and that it is legal, and causes million's of death's each year, people would figure out a much healthier way to get nicotine into their body, ie: this cigarette, or just a normal vapourizer...

Just my 2 cents
technoe
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by technoe »

Yeah I was just throwing around some facts from the CDC and ATF.
Today Money, Tomorrow the WORLD!!
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

Nicotine in and of itself when used properly does not cause deaths, cancer or any other diseases. It's when its raw form that it is a poison or when you consume large quantities of it, just like caffeine. To much of anything can kill you. It is the most addictive substance though. And when its combined with carcinogens like tar, arsenic and rat poison just to name a few that are thrown into the processing of tobacco, that makes for a disease waiting to happen. Thats why I like this option a lot. You can still have the nicotine in a controlled amount and not have to have the rest of the crap thats in the tobacco.
Sadalius

dustman1995
Bandit
Bandit

Post by dustman1995 »

Hey sadalius,
Do you know of anywhere they sell that in stores? I'm thinkinng about getting something like tht for my mom. She's quit so many times. Even after getting a friggin heart stint. She still wants to smoke.
Life is full of influences, It's your application that sets you apart.
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

I don't know anywhere you can get them in a local store that you could just run in and buy one. Online is the only places I've found them. And it does take the right mind set in order for them to fully replace real cigarettes. Your mom would have to accept the idea that she would be replacing them with the e-cig. For me it wasn't difficult. I know what smoking those things were doing to my body and I did not want to end up like I have seen so many others that would never listen and not quit smoking.

I am only one person that had his mind made up going into the e-cig thing. I was going to quit. I didn't know if the real reason I was smoking was because I was addicted to the nicotine, addicted to having something to do with my hands or what but it has made a real difference for me. Of the people I know that has tried to switch, there has only been one that didn't go all the way with it and went back to smoking. The reason kind of floored me, but made sense. They said it was because with the e-cig, they didn't have a reason to hang out with the real smokers. A social addiction. Go figure. But if all you want to do is to hang around your friends, do you really have to smoke to do that?
Sadalius

SincereSoprano
Bandit
Bandit

Post by SincereSoprano »

Great now you can get e-cancer lol no seriously I have these and used them for a couple months but went back to smokes. The only thing that worked for me was cold turkey after thinking seriously about if I wanted to suffer later and watching a bunch of cancer patients youtube videos and that worked! It's been almost a year now and I've had maybe 5 cigs since then and each time I take a couple hits and think about dying slowly of cancer and my kids suffering and it makes me sick and I put it out! At first it was hard going out drinking with my buddies who smoke but I just pick up a pack of Black and Mild cigars and smoke those but don't inhale and all is good for me now! I know this doesn't work for everyone but I really had no desire to quit and I did so I hope this might help someone!!!!!
"I am like any other man. All I do is supply a demand."- Al Capone

Return to “The Forest”