learning what to do with a jtag xbox

Only things pertaining to J-Tag
Forum rules
Only post or question about doing J-tag on a 360.
All other post/question will be moved or trashed.
jay
Bandit
Bandit

learning what to do with a jtag xbox

Post by jay »

Hi I was looking into a jtag xbox for my son to play mw2 on as he has been in games where you can run fast ect.
What I wanted help with is a tut from somewhere that shows how to do these things to the games and also what else you can do.
I've flashed drives before and like messing around with xboxes :D if it doesn't get over my head!!!(might pay to get the soldering done! )
All help much appreciated. Thanks in advance -J :D
intheshade
Squire
Squire

Re: learning what to do with a jtag xbox

Post by intheshade »

Do it yourself. Sometimes info is hard to find when it comes to Jtag. I think you have to be an elite member of a board and be able to get in the secret room. Its all trial and error. You can find info with out it being handed to you, just try google. If you have any questions Ill try to answer them. For my help all you gotta do is answer some questions I dont know.

ps. Jtagged console get banned for connecting to live, so you might need to have a couple keyvaults handy.
commando_lee
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood
Location: Up high in the tree looking out for the Sheriff of Nottingham

Post by commando_lee »

have a look over these boards

http://robinhoodsplayground.com/forum/v ... .php?f=211" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
................................................................RobinHoods Very Own
.......................................Image
I do this for the fun and pleasure in helping people. But this is NOT my job. Post up on the boards with your question and some body will help you dont use the PM system.
technoe
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by technoe »

Doing the game mods is tricky, because it involves one of two things. Either learning to hex edit the game yourself, and find the patched version of the game out there. Sometimes you can even find programs that will patch your version of the game, so you can make a clean backup and make a couple of copies for hacked games. Like XP edits, or attribute edits. My favorite is the no gravity game! :D
Today Money, Tomorrow the WORLD!!
jay
Bandit
Bandit

Post by jay »

Hi Thanks for the replies.
So if I'm right you have to know how to hex edit a game disc and then play that disc?
I've tried googling it but no luck,still looking!
I think this is a bit over my head as I have found the hex editor program, but I wouldn't know where to start to rewrite the data.Now looking for info on what to write to do certain things in games (mw2)
What else can the jtag be used for apart from the hex thing and putting games on a separate hard drive so no discs needed at all?
Thanks J
intheshade
Squire
Squire

Post by intheshade »

You can run emulators. Which means you can play every snes and sega game ever made on your box
technoe
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by technoe »

And there's always the chance someone will get a good version of Linux or even Windows XP running on the 360. It's definitely powerful enough to do that.
Today Money, Tomorrow the WORLD!!
jay
Bandit
Bandit

Post by jay »

Hi Thanks As regards to the rewriting of mw2 games I can't find anything on the web as to code info to put in to do different things
Does anyone have any info as the site "moddedwarefare has been taken down by actavition!!and I needed help

Return to “J-Tag”