HD transfer kit

The place to ask your questions about the Xbox 360
ForeverPimpin
Peasant
Peasant

HD transfer kit

Post by ForeverPimpin »

My friend has a cable he got from a yard sale it has no disk and of course no help from microsoft. Can i still use that cable to transfer to and from hdd to pc ? Will i need certian software.
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: HD transfer kit

Post by sadalius »

explorer360 I believe is the name of it, thats if your wanting to play around with moving files to and from a PC to the 360 hdd, if your wanting to migrate the data from one hdd to another, you might download the migration software from Microsoft.
Sadalius

No questions by PM please
ForeverPimpin
Peasant
Peasant

Post by ForeverPimpin »

K is Xplorere360 software or will i have to buy the kit and can i transfer movies and music with saves to the pc and to the 360 hdd. And with the migration kit all i need is the cable and software from microsoft.
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Once your HDD is connected to your computer (via an adapter of some sort, like the migration cable, or a HDD adapter... etc) you can access any and all data on the hard drive.

The HDD is a regular sata HDD so if you open the case and remove the HDD, you can connect it to your PC with a regular sata connection, and access all the data...

All you need is a program that can browse the HDD, like xplorer or something else.

All the M$ CD that comes with the kit does is transfer ALL content from 1 HDD to another. You can do that with xplorer as well, just "make a backup image" from your HDD, take the HDD you want to copy everything to, and "restore from backup image"

So as long as you have the cable, you dont really need the CD for anything.
ForeverPimpin
Peasant
Peasant

Post by ForeverPimpin »

Ok cool cause i got a kit to connect normal hd normal cd, and stat hd to pc thru usb or on my desktop. And can use it as a migration kit. I have the xplorere and xport software which do you like more ??
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

myself, I have only ever used the xplorer software so its kind of a given for me. I may (one of these days) try the xport software. When I get the time too.
Sadalius

No questions by PM please
ForeverPimpin
Peasant
Peasant

Post by ForeverPimpin »

I use it a little and its seems cool, is it possible to mput music and videos on the hdd with xplorere.
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

It may be possible, but I dont think there are any guides or any information on doing it. Its not as simple as finding a folder and dropping an mp3 in it.

It's just easier to put the CD in your console, and copy it to your HDD.

Return to “Beginners”