Xex's not appearing in NXE on my Jtagged console

Only things pertaining to J-Tag
Forum rules
Only post or question about doing J-tag on a 360.
All other post/question will be moved or trashed.
monty-0
Peasant
Peasant

Xex's not appearing in NXE on my Jtagged console

Post by monty-0 »

I just got my Jtagged console back but i'm having issues getting stuff to work.

Firstly, its a Falcon board with liteon 7345 version drive running ixtreme LT

Secondly i'm trying to use a HDD from another xbox with the jtagged console, i have formatted it though.

Ok so here is my issue, i'm trying to get xex's to appear in the NXE dashboard under the games menu from the HDD but cannot for the life of me figure out why its not showing up there.

Now believe me when i say that i've put whatever xex's i've tried into the right folders ie HDD1:Content/0000000000000000/C0DE9999/ etc, but with no success. I've tried a memory card and tried off a FAT32 formatted USB flash drive and still nothing. I've also tried to inject the files via an xsata connection into the HDD and have had no luck there either.

The amazing thing is that when i launch xexloader from the DVD drive i can find the content on the HDD or USB drive and launch it from there without a problem.

Can anybody help me with this as i've been everywhere looking for an answer and have not had any success with this?
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: Xex's not appearing in NXE on my Jtagged console

Post by sadalius »

If you want to run the games from your xbox hdd, you have to use iso2god and make live containers of them, then put that onto your xbox hdd in the right folder and they will show up in the NXE dash. I just throw the xtracted iso contents onto my usb hdd and run them with an alternate dash like Freestyle Dash.
Sadalius

No questions by PM please
monty-0
Peasant
Peasant

Post by monty-0 »

How do i make live containers of them?

Do i need to do anything to the default.xex file that comes in any of the applications i get cause i've tried Freestyle dash and that too did not show up or pick up XBLA stuff that was in the right folder either.

Do all files that go in HDD1 have to have a XEX file extension?

I noticed in the xexmenu i found the file itself had no file extension
technoe
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by technoe »

Download iso2god (the latest version is on xbins) and go through the readme file. The guy that put iso2god together also wrote a really good readme file as well. Once you've done that if you still have more questions feel free to post up.
Today Money, Tomorrow the WORLD!!
monty-0
Peasant
Peasant

Post by monty-0 »

Ok so i finally figured out that i needed to format my xbox hdd in my original xbox and then put it in the jtagged one, worked first time. WTF

Anyway thanx for the help guys.

Another question: whats the difference between iso2god and nxe2god?

Return to “J-Tag”