back up with xbc2.9?

For questions with backing up your games!
pink
Bandit
Bandit

back up with xbc2.9?

Post by pink »

my drive, an lt74 is flashed w/0800 F/W. xbc 2.9 picks it up. but in the read tab the start button is grayed out. xbc picks up the drive in the drive in scroll down screen. when i unlock the drive xbc reports drive is already unlocked. it will not allow me backup the disc. i have it plugged into a VIA 6421 card, drivers are installed and the lt74 is picked up in device manager. i know there is an issue with xbc and having to boot xbc 1st and put in the disc, done that no joy. any help appreciated.
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: back up with xbc2.9?

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

A lite-on with 0800, I assume you mean it has 1.6 flashed to it and your using it in 0800 mode?

Is 1.6 for sure flashed, are you able to play backups? Also did you power your drive with the tray half open? That is how it goes into 0800 mode so you can use it to dump games.
pink
Bandit
Bandit

Post by pink »

I thought 0800 F/W is for dedicating a 360drive for only backing up games ? i can flash it with 0800 and it will be picked up by windows but not read with XBC. i flashed the drive with ix 1.6 and the new LT F/W and it will play a game .booted into windows with half tray open and ix 1.6 flashed. XBC picks up the drive but the start button under read remains grey. it picks up the size of the data on the disc of 6.81g. i am lost because i have backed up many games without this happening with the same drive.
I am using an old HP about 10 yrs old. it is unable to boot to a usb. i use a floppy to flash my drive. i am thinking it is having troubles with the VIA card in some way. portio is installed. i don't know man this has got me stumped :roll:
Last edited by pink on Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
barelynotlegal
Squire
Squire

Post by barelynotlegal »

dumb Q, but ill ask anyways......
did you go into bios and then power the drive? then exit bios( F2 ) windows will recognize after that. i would use the 1.61 FW for the liteon. don't use the 800 FW
pink
Bandit
Bandit

Post by pink »

nope did not try that one. never had to on my other PC. i'll give it a try. :lol:
barelynotlegal
Squire
Squire

Post by barelynotlegal »

any word?
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

You might want to use the drive on a non via port. IE: Plug it directly into your mobo, power on the drive with the tray half open, boot your comp, then load up xbc.

Have you changed OS's? Ive only ever used a 0800 drive in xp 32 bit, and it always works like a charm.
pink
Bandit
Bandit

Post by pink »

hey thanks for all of your responses really appreciate it.
barelynotlegal- i did use the 1.6 and it picked up in windows. when i open XBC the start button remains grey and a disc icon next to my cursor keeps flashing. i allowed this flashing icon for about an hour with no results.

HaGGardSmurf -You might want to use the drive on a non via port
this is what i did on my previous computer that was a SATA MOBO. This comp is old and does not have SATA
I am using winxp 32

i beginning to think that w/out the ability to plug directly into the MOBO this comp is not going to allow a backup with XBC

thanx :P
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

I'm not quite sure why this is happening especially since you said it worked before.

Ive used an 0800 drive on my via with disabled drivers without a problem. But again im not quite sure why this is happening.
pink
Bandit
Bandit

Post by pink »

i have done the same w/0800 with another PC and had no probs. so, i think it is the old A$$ ,piece of $%^& i have and need to find something more updated. thanx 4 all your help and suggestions
pink
Bandit
Bandit

Post by pink »

was able to plug the xbox360 drive into another motherboard, one w/sata compatibility and it picks up just fine. so, lesson learned, stop using an old piece of $#!& and use more updated equipment. thanx for all of you guys help

Return to “Game Backups”