why cant we jut figure this out?

The place to ask your questions about the Xbox 360
snotblob
Peasant
Peasant

why cant we jut figure this out?

Post by snotblob »

why do we need to go threw the process of flashing? couldnt we just find a way to replicate the discs EXACTLY?
pink
Bandit
Bandit

Re: why cant we jut figure this out?

Post by pink »

flashing allows the 360drive to read a backup copy of the original. i am sure M$ had this is mind when they designed the 360 after the knowledge gained from what we were able to do with original xbox. we can create a pretty darn near perfect copy of a disc with F/W, XBC and image burn. it is also my understanding that flashing forces the 360drive to read in a different direction than what the 360drive was originally designed to do. all dvd burners burn in one direction while the 360 reads in the opposite. i am not an engineer but this is info i have gained through practice and chatting with others.
idownloadwarez
Peasant
Peasant

Post by idownloadwarez »

Its really complicated because as you may or may not know that the Xbox 360 retail game disc's are pressed in a factory and arent just regular commercial disc's they are what you may call pressed. The microsoft digital signature is compsed of code that is on the disc internally and on it physically. When you flash the xbox 360 it just allows you to play burnt backup disc's but both codes arent being used so thats how when your online you get caught because while your playing the scan both security codes of the disc so they know who is playing a retail copy and who is playing a burnt copy. Please dont flame me if I didnt use the correct terminology or wordfair persay. I know what im saying is the general jist of it.
shaky
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Post by shaky »

so what you are saying is no mater what we do to our xboxes or games ms will always know if we play copies

Return to “Beginners”