Fried Dvd drive+Failed update+Broke HardDrive=My Xbox 360

The place to ask your questions about the Xbox 360
idownloadwarez
Peasant
Peasant

Fried Dvd drive+Failed update+Broke HardDrive=My Xbox 360

Post by idownloadwarez »

Alright I will start off and explain the details. I have an Xbox 360 with an Lite-On Dvd drive 73850. I had given it to my friend to mod it and he screwed it up to were it only says put this disc in an xbox 360. He gave it back to me and said i got all 3 of your bin files that you need. one day i was fooling around with cd's and thumb drives and was seeing if i could boot different firmware on it. I tried some firmware thing that you use to do the jtag exploit but my 360 isnt jtag able. but when I put it in it acted like it was a new update but I Know it was an old one and it updated like normally. Then after it updated it must have saw how stupid it had been to update to an older firmware and it started to beat itself up for its mistake by turning off and on and restarting over and over. So what I did was did the console reset code and it fixed that problem.

later on before I got my maximus xtractor I had an arguement with my bro about the previous event that happened and semi stupidly wanted to believe him and prove to myself that maybe he is right and Microsoft does know what they are doing after all they are a multi billion dollar company. Then what i did was when there was a new update trying to load. (by the way at this time my xbox lid was off and the inside was showing. heatsink hood was on. I took and at the same time first i tried different things like take the hard drive just before it started to install and other odd methods and the sort etc..... It has been a while back so Im not real sure what I did but I either took out the hard drive or the dvd drive and/or maybe pulled the power cord either from the system or the wall. Somehow what happend is it put the system into a failed update that for the love of me can't see how to get the freaking thing out of it. By the way i dropped my hard drive that goes this xbox 360 with the problem and it broke. This was after i got stuck with the stupid failed update. I opened the hard drive up. When you turn the xbox 360 on now instead of having a update failed now i have an e68 error. When I turn the system on and look at the hard drive at work it starts to spin but the arm cant seem to stay on the spinning disc and gets knocked off because it cant hold itself to it. This error is given to me without a dvd drive hooked up to the system. That is because my dvd drive is fried because I acidentally plugged the power cord in bacwards.But i have my 3 bins files

So I have come to a logical conclusion that if I can get the system out of this update failed then I can take my other backup lite-on dvd drive that I have and use it as a replacement drive and flash it like normal by using my originalFW.bin and combining it with Ixtreme.bin and from that flashing it to my drive. Then having a working xbox 360 woohoo if all that happens that will mean I will have flashed my first 360.

If you have any questions about any of my explanation or want to ask more specific details then feel free to ask me. Ill try to answer you the best I can.
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: Fried Dvd drive+Failed update+Broke HardDrive=My Xbox 360

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Wow man...

Well if you have your key.bin you can put a new drive in without a problem.

So your buddy tried to flash the drive, failed and it ended up saying "please put this disk in a 360 console"? Then you flashed some F/W that is not intended for the drive to it?

Then you unplugged your console while it was updating?

If you dropped your HDD and broke it, its pretty much done. With the new update comming along, and with the HDD mod being so popular its easier to either use a flash drive or buy a new HDD.

E68, Just throw your HDD away and use a flash drive or buy a new HDD. (or do the HDD mod with our existing case)
Fried Drive, Verify your key.bin contains a vaild key, seeing as the key was the problem after your friend flashed it.

As for the failed update I dont know much about the update process nor have I ever experienced a failed update, but does your 360 boot without your HDD and drive attached?
idownloadwarez
Peasant
Peasant

Post by idownloadwarez »

my xbox 360 turns on and shows the xbox 360 symbol makes the ambient noise then it gives the update failed screen. This is without my broken xbox 360 hard drive. With my broken xbox 360 hard drive I get an e68 error.
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Well you may want to have a read over this, there are a few fixes posted in the thread.

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=619902" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Beginners”