via 6421a work with windows 7?

The place to ask your questions about the Xbox 360
snotblob
Peasant
Peasant

via 6421a work with windows 7?

Post by snotblob »

i am having a horrible time getting windows 7 to install. let alone even recognize my via sata card. please i need help. i cant install any drive that anyone recommends. it just says that it cant find hardware. should i not have installed port i/o before i even had my card? i even tried the disc t says the same thing. plz help :( :( :(
chris.redfield
Bandit
Bandit

Re: via 6421a work with windows 7?

Post by chris.redfield »

If you are trying to install win7 to your HDD through a dvd/cd drive (sata) that is connected to the VIa card then you are going to have issues because of the cards raid settings. If You wish to win 7 using the sata drive connect it to a Sil3512 or Sil3114 or Sil3112 PCI card. Those are PCI cards that have sata connectors just like the Via card but these can be flashed to have a non raid setting that will allow you to install an os onto your HDD without the problems that the VIA can give you, also note that if you have an old MOBO the Sil cards will work better than the VIA for doing what you want but keep in mind the VIA's are great for flashing all 360 drives. Other than that you would have to go and get yourself a IDE dvd/cd drive and install win7 that way to your HDD. Either way the sil PCI cards will only run you 14.99 and shipping.

redfield out...
snotblob
Peasant
Peasant

Post by snotblob »

im sorry about this but i didnt really make this clear in my thread. i cant get it to find my xbox liteon drive. i cant even get it to show up in device manager. when i try to install the drivers it just say cannot find hardware. try reconnecting hardware. i have windows 7.
pink
Bandit
Bandit

Post by pink »

does windows recognize the VIA card? have u installed portio and drivers?
try using the new JF it will install automatically, u will need to use disable_pg_ds
http://team-xecuter.com/run-jungle-flas ... o-more-f8/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
snotblob
Peasant
Peasant

Post by snotblob »

no windows does not recognize the via card. and i do have portio installed. but i cant install the via drivers because i cant get windowsto recognize it so when i try to install it just says could not find specifide hardware. try reconnecting.
Shootsteel
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by Shootsteel »

add a part on your hard drive and install win XP there ......use XP to mod........no issues with xp
snotblob
Peasant
Peasant

Post by snotblob »

im guessing by "part" umean partition right? alright illdo that i was going to but i only got a 70gb drive. so ill have to clean it off. and what exactly will partitioning do? will itmake my 1 drive look like 2?
pink
Bandit
Bandit

Post by pink »

what shotsteel is saying is you will create a dual partition of one drive. this will allow u a choice of booting into windows 7 or xp on one drive (70 gig is plenty of space to dual partition both OS). if u have an extra drive lying around (or don't feel comfortable dual partitioning a drive) u could use that to install xp only need about 10gig.

Return to “Beginners”