BRICKED LITEON

The place for more technical questions about modding your Xbox 360!
PeskyJay
Squire
Squire

BRICKED LITEON

Post by PeskyJay »

Iv tried the Iprep 12 beta flashing but it wont recognize my drive when i switch it on and off

please help
djshauny1
Possible Ally of Robinhood

Re: BRICKED LITEON

Post by djshauny1 »

what do u mean y bricked?

will the drive open and close??

do u still have the drives info??
PeskyJay
Squire
Squire

Post by PeskyJay »

I got all the key inquiry and dummy.bin from the Dummy from Ixtreme button

I can unbrick it now but It keeps bricking everytime i try to Liteon Erase
PeskyJay
Squire
Squire

Post by PeskyJay »

Also i have onboard sata
please help
Shootsteel
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by Shootsteel »

no such thing as a bricked lite-on....it's half bricked at best.

do this

iPrep is semi-automated dos flash and because of that it avoids many of the problems that windows introduce into the mix, when trying to flash a drive. The hardest part of modding/flashing is getting the drive recognized and accepted by the flashing computer (as is illustrated by your example) so that the computer will do our bidding.

1. Firstly we will use iPrep to build a bootable USB thumb drive it does not matter what FW version for lite-on that we load just as long as iPrep makes the drive for us. once you have it made proceed to step two.

2. You can shut down iPrep now and open up your bootable thumbdrive so you can see it's contents...what we are going to do now is eliminate some files from that drive and add a couple. Remove every thing on the drive except for: Autoexec, dosflash.typ, l-o-eras, dosflash, firmtool. (no worries if they are all not there yes as we are adding some in the next steps) Now I want you to add the file made by JF for the custom firmware you made and re-name it Lite_CFW.bin and I want you to add two files that you get from dosflash 1.6, they are in the folder when you download it and they are dosflash and dosflash.typ.

OK your good to go...I made this thumb drive 14 months ago and I just keep it handy for when I need it...you have to make it with the computer that is going to use it though....in other words I cannot make it for you and send it to you...it will not work.

Get started on this and I will get with the commands you will need to make it work for you.

Boot to the flash by restarting computer and pressing F12 or F2 or whatever gets you to your boot menu.

By the way you cannot have any other thumb drives in your computer at this time so make sure you remove them. Before you begin with this step.

agree press y for yes

plug drive in and power on

if you have done this correctly you will see iPrep at the top of the page and a cursor blinking....thats you! Great were moving right along now...almost there.

You will need to know what port number your drive is on...for example I have one computer the port is DD70, another is FF80, and still another is... shit I forget.... but you get the picture.

TYPE the following:

C:\> l-o-eras.exe(space)(port number) or C:\> l-o-eras.exe port number..... there is a space between the .exe and port number and dont put these () around the port number . I will use mine for example.

1. C:\> l-o-eras.exe DD70 (enter) should bring status FF80 hit F3 as we are doing this again.
2. C:\> l-o-eras.exe DD70 (enter) should bring status FF72

You might have to do step 2 more than once ...thats OK too...we are looking for FF72.

3. Turn Drive Off
4. C:\>dosflash (enter)
Turn drive on and select drive number
5. Erase
6. Turn drive off
7. C:\> dosflash ...after MTK cut drive on and select Drive number
8. Write or W (enter) lite_cfw.bin
Which will bring you back to your c prompt and your done.....drive should work like a champ now.
djshauny1

Post by djshauny1 »

what shootstell said mate

:D
peacock
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Post by peacock »

i dont get this in the instruction by shootsteel....what iprep version is he using ?....where does the l-o-eras command come from ?...iprep v10.7 which is the latest doesnt have it.....ive tried this on my v8 liteon drive...whic i have bricked folowing the instructions given to me...was hoping this would help recover it...but getting more and more confused... :cry:
PeskyJay
Squire
Squire

Post by PeskyJay »

Im Using Iprep 12 are the instructions the same?
PeskyJay
Squire
Squire

Post by PeskyJay »

Heres what i have done

I got iprep 12 that comes with the LT v1.1 chose the liteon v7458 check box made my usb bootable
Then Booted from usb
typed L74 1234567 1234567
yes
then switch off and on
then it erases it and writed the firmware

But the firmware doesnt work i cant play games on it but it did unbrick it
Windows 7
Then tried JF again and it will just brick it once more so im stuck

I need instruction on IPREP 12 please
Shootsteel
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by Shootsteel »

guys there are links here that are older versions of iPrep....in the download section........ get an older version
peacock
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Post by peacock »

Shootsteel wrote:guys there are links here that are older versions of iPrep....in the download section........ get an older version
come on mate...some more detailed info will be helpful..im stuck on this drive for over 14 hours now...ive just downloaded iprep 6.2.. there is no l-o-erase command in there when i made the bootable usb drive....what version iprep r u using ?
Shootsteel
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by Shootsteel »

did you load the lite-on FW?

Detailed as it gets man.

I will e-mail you the files

dan@dansmods.com and ask me for the boot disc files
PeskyJay
Squire
Squire

Post by PeskyJay »

me too please
peacock
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Post by peacock »

PeskyJay wrote:me too please
thanks mate..... ;)sent yo pm mate..hope it helps,,,good luck, i know how frustrating it can be..took me ages to do mine...and when its done it takes only a few minutes...

Return to “360 DVD Drive Flashing”