Got a joke or a story let us hear it.
Ivrit007
Bandit
Bandit

Anyone know about the April Update?

Post by Ivrit007 »

I just received this from a friend:
http://www.majornelson.com/archive/2010 ... l-6th.aspx

It claims that "that will allow USB flash drives to be used for storing profiles, game saves, demos and more..."

Really, is this real?
Is this a MicroSoft thing or some update mod?
If this is true it is conceivably passable to apply this update to a banned Xbox360 and get your Downloadable Content from a torrent site and install it to USB. Totally bypassing LIVE to get DLC's.

Now I am not telling anyone to go out and "ilegally" download anything so please admins do not jump on my case for this. Instead think of this as a possibility because if this is really true than MicroSoft may have given up on this part in its security sceme in association with LIVE being the only way to download and install Mappacks, videos,.....Guitar Hero addon songs....

Is this real?
trailz
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Anyone know about the April Update?

Post by trailz »

You still need a jtaged console to put more DLC and XBLA stuff on it, but yes, you can use a USB drive as a memory card now. You can get the update from M$'s xbox website, copy it to a USB drive, and it install it to the console. There are a few things you can't store to the usb drive, but I can't find the feature page on xbox.com for it anymore.
But there's no sense crying over every mistake,
you just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake.
technoe
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by technoe »

With the update you can pretty much put anything on the usb once it's configured by the 360. You'll even be able to install games to the usb drive assuming it's large enough. The only downfall is that, currently the 360 will only support 16GB partitions for the USB drives.
Today Money, Tomorrow the WORLD!!
trailz
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Post by trailz »

Looks like the features list is quite complete, though people are reporting a few quirks.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/108/1082253p1.html
But there's no sense crying over every mistake,
you just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake.

Return to “The Forest”