New to Flashing

The place to ask your questions about the Xbox 360
waddpsw
Peasant
Peasant

New to Flashing

Post by waddpsw »

Nice site guys. Just wanted to ask a newb question.

I have flashed my 360 which has a BenQ drive using a tutorial that was very simple. Nvidiadude one. I used Dosflash16 and prepared my own floppy disk as per tutorial. It was a simple process and the samsung looks similar but also quite different.

A mate wants me to do his Samsung machine and ive gotten a little confused in the reading.
Can i use the same bootdisk i used to flash the BenQ ?? With different firmware files etc
All the tutes talk about using iPrep to make bootable disk, is this necessary now or just the old method ?? Obviously i need to use different firmware and i need to do it slightly differently with the M28.
Should i just start from scratch and follow tutorials exactly like with BenQ ?
waddpsw
Peasant
Peasant

Re: New to Flashing

Post by waddpsw »

Just read the tutorial section here and i think ill just follow cofree's tute exactly.

I was trying to save time but id rather be safe than sorry. Cofree's tute i seasier to follow than most.

Regards

Wad
Jman 31
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by Jman 31 »

Definitely follow the tutorial if you are new to it. It takes a lot of the guess work out of it. We will be glad to help walk you through it if you run into any issues. You should be able to download anything you need from this site with the exception of the 1.3 hacked firmware (this might help with that http://www.robinhoodsplayground.com/for ... f=110&t=68 .)

Jman
ROBINHOOD'S PLAYGROUND
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

To answer the question, yes you can use the same exact procedure to flash a samsung drive. You just want to use the ixtreme firmware for the samsung though.
Sadalius

No questions by PM please

Return to “Beginners”