bricked or broken?

The place to ask your questions about the Xbox 360
Tiki
Peasant
Peasant

bricked or broken?

Post by Tiki »

First off I am in no way an experienced flasher/modder so bare with me. :) Last night I was trying to flash my liteon 7x and recieved a failed erase, the guides I looked at was unclear on what to doi in this event so I tried several time until it no longer recognized my drive and the connectivity kit no longer open and closed it either. I have tried using the Iprep method tp bring it back to life but it wont show on my ports so I'm at a bit of a loss here, is this thing dead or bricked?

I have an old hitatchi i ran through the steps just to see if the port was recignized with it hooked in, it turned out it was so it is definately on the liteons end. So whats the verdict? Dead or still recoverable?
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: bricked or broken?

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Just locked, have you tried the dos flash recovery method?
Tiki
Peasant
Peasant

Re: bricked or broken?

Post by Tiki »

I setup iprep 6.2 numerous times per Cofree video but for some reason it will not boot into 6.2. I tried this same method using iprep 9 and also the other method posted here http://robinhoodsplayground.com/forum/v ... 197&t=7041" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. For the ipre9 the l-o-eras does send back the right status so im stuck ,for the second method it keeps saying the file is the wrong size.

If i use iprep 11 for some reason it wont show the drive on the port. I'm wondering if my computer is just funky at this point because I can only seem to get some parts of each tutorial to work unless it is just user error due to the lack of experience.

My chipset is Nvidia and worked great for the hitatchi drive i had previously flashed, could that be the problem?

Return to “Beginners”