help::xtreme 4.2 to ixtreme 1.61 sam ms28:::solved

The place to ask your questions about the Xbox 360
tonyuk73
Herald of RHPG
Herald of RHPG

help::xtreme 4.2 to ixtreme 1.61 sam ms28:::solved

Post by tonyuk73 »

Hello there RHPG, just opened up this x box 360 its a sam ms28 (2006).On device intro read it came back as xtreme 4.2 was wondering was it possible to flash this to ixtreme 1.61 with my ck3.And any advice would be great and thank you.
Last edited by tonyuk73 on Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tonyuk73
Herald of RHPG
Herald of RHPG

Re: help::xtreme 4.2 to ixtreme 1.61 sam ms28

Post by tonyuk73 »

just been checking out some of the post and stummbled on this:
http://robinhoodsplayground.com/forum/v ... eme#p36892

am i going down the right track,and can i use jungleflasher?

and this.http://robinhoodsplayground.com/forum/v ... treme#p287

the way im reading it is that i can flash with 1.50 ixtreme,and then to 1.51 then 1.60 then to 1.61 :?: :?: :?:
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Just power the drive with the tray half open, hit intro, read, load target FW, hit spoof, write, hit outro. Done.

Why do you want to upgrade to 1.61? 1.61 is not safe for live, so your better off staying on 4.2 until LT is released.
tonyuk73
Herald of RHPG
Herald of RHPG

Post by tonyuk73 »

thanks HaGGardSmurf ,i was reading about doing this for a couple of days now and there is a lot of 'poo on a stick out there' so why did i not come here first???? and its my first sammy ms28 and when i found out xtreme was on the drive well it threw me all ive done is liteon's with the ixtreme,so spent two days reading on the subject and reading more into xtreme,big learning curve! and to the concern on 'why not wait for LT for sammy?' this console is for my 7 year old and will never be gong on Live,picked it up for £40 bargin...

is it me or are these drives slow ,ie on game boot-up seems to take longer than my lite-on.also gives out a bit of a grunt when first turned on,but i'm just putting it down to being a old fella..once again thanks and keep up the good work and to all the staff at RHPG.thanks.

The flash went all ok. and only needed to use ixtreme 1.61

Return to “Beginners”