Watches

A place to hang out with the other members of Robinhoods Playground.com
Got a joke or a story let us hear it.
cyantific
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Watches

Post by cyantific »

Looking to buy a new watch and was wondering, in your opinion, if you believe a watch to be real, and not a fake, if the seller on ebay is also selling the same watch on amazon who then fulfills the order? I don't know how to spot a fake watch nor know much about the watch making industry except that knock off watches are just a mixture of cheap parts.
RHPG, home away from home :)
biggiesmalls
Peasant
Peasant

Re: Watches

Post by biggiesmalls »

Depending on the brand of watch you are looking at there are different signs to tell if its fake. I wouldnt buy a watch from anyone with bad feedback and i would also make sure that you can return if you dont like it or find out that its a fake. I would suggest if you do purchase the watch go to a jeweler and they can tell you if it is a fake. I have only purchased watches from legit sites like chronoshark, but have been very pleased with the quality. Im not sure what your price point is but if you think its to good to be true, then it probably is.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

it is very hard to tell a fake
i would email the person and tell them the first thing you are going to do is take the watch to a jeweler to have it check
as soon as you get it.
if it is a fake you are going to report it to your card company
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Like the guys said, check his feedback, and send him a message asking for a jewellers appraisal or a certificate of authenticity or something.

Keep in mind if it looks too good to be true, it usually is. You can always do a charge back and send the watch back if its not what you wanted. (Even if he refuses to refund your money, you can do a charge back on your CC. Of course charging back, and not mailing the item back is stealing, so make sure you mail it back if you do this)
cyantific
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by cyantific »

Thanks for the advice fellas
RHPG, home away from home :)

Return to “The Forest”