xbox slim flash

The place for more technical questions about modding your Xbox 360!
shaky
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

xbox slim flash

Post by shaky »

i have seen a vid on you tube pionting out a flashed xbox slim is this correct or a fake
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: xbox slim flash

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Correct. The slim's been flashed, soon the method will be public but until then you'll need to wait.

I can guarantee it will involve soldering &/or a chip/clip or some sort.
shaky
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Post by shaky »

thanks buddy i dont care what i need to do , what ever it takes mate :lol:
jetcat
Peasant
Peasant

Post by jetcat »

Found this....
Geremia at XBoxHacker.org (linked above) reports that Tarablinda v0.4b has arrived and is working with XBox 360 Slim DG16D4S drives.

Tarablinda is a collection of hacks and tricks which he discovered during hw and fw exploration (allows to extract dvdkey and more and since this last version even an experimental way to dump the whole FW).

Read more: http://www.ps3news.com/XBox-360/tarabli ... z12T19D85c" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Don´t think we have to wait so much longer :-)
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

tarablinda does not work with all slim drives. There are two versions of drives that you will find in the slim models. Tarablinda will work with the first of the two versions but not the second version. Tarablinda only works to dump the drive as there is no hacked firmware for it yet. But one could dump the drive and take the information dumped from the drive and spoof a 7x or 8x lite-on to take its place, but you stand a very high risk of being banned for that, especially if u have updated your console. Something else that you might keep in mind is that these new drives has a switch built into them. At the touch of a button, M$ can make the SPI of the flash read only. Geremia found this also.

c4eva is working on LT+ which is supposed to help with this, but as we all know, once the firmware is developed, it will under go beta testing so I would not look for the new firmware for a while. It will be ready when its ready.
Sadalius

No questions by PM please
GRASSASS
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Post by GRASSASS »

nice info so that works for that drive alone, just found this thread and followed the link.
then read sadalius's reply ... and thats why i love it here , you guys just know sxxx we dont
thanks for the info there sadalius
a flashing frenzy huh huh

Return to “360 DVD Drive Flashing”