what ive found out

Anything 360 that don"t have is own tread
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

what ive found out

Post by CoFree »

posted just now in #fw:

<c4eva> be patient, time will tell, live log soon but if game related wont show in log, none of my consoles banned yet
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: did you get banned

Post by CoFree »

Well...IMHO this can't be right, because the drive needs to be in a "recovery mode" state for the firmware to be dumped - this only can happen for a second at power on...UNLESS...something is being sent to live...OR live is actually banning people due to them having unplugged the SATA cable etc and it's got nothing to do with the fw..who knows...lets wait and see

gigabite
No Questions by PM.
Isulgor
Peasant
Peasant

Re: what ive found out

Post by Isulgor »

was going to flash my newly aquired 360 benQ drive today..luckily i read up on the posts
lets hope they work out how MS is finding this out.

awesome site many thanks in advance :)
Jman 31
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by Jman 31 »

Crap! I go to bed for one night. One stinkin' night I tell you , and all hell breaks loose!I hope its something simple.
ROBINHOOD'S PLAYGROUND
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

From what I've found out, if you've made your own backups from an original disk, you should be fine. Basically, the bans are being blamed on a shady scene release because the Live Logs are not showing any different requests. Here is the statement from C4E:

It appears that modified fw is NOT being detected, and is instead once again due to 'bad' discs. Keep in mind that the only full proof way to make a 1:1 backup is to do it yourself. iXtreme is as fullproof as it can be, in that it validates everything it possibly can from a firmware point of view, but a game can have slight data change somewhere, most commonly in DMI. Or it can be due to early copies being watermarked so to speak.

This is why you run the risk of being banned on xbox live if you pirate games. Always remember that you run a risk doing such actions.

In regards to game data being properly validated, xdvdmulleter is a tool that has a constantly maintained database to validate backups against retail copies to ensure full stealth. If you have a samsung SH-D16x and would like to contribute to the project to prevent future Live bans, please join #stealth360 on Efnet, IRC.

If you get your backups through scene releases, run them through xdvd mulleter to make sure that everything is kosher prior to burning it.
Sadalius

No questions by PM please
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

this was stated by c4eva If you dont know he is the firmware MAN

[2007-11-21 06:17:51] <c4eva> new live log uploaded to http://www.xbins.org/xblive no indication of any new checks , all same as before
[2007-11-21 06:20:23] <c4eva> it is pointing to backups that are not the same as retail
[2007-11-21 06:23:39] <c4eva> fw is doing its job, it cant check everything or know if the game has bad/different data
[2007-11-21 06:24:57] <c4eva> anything that has different pfi/dmi data but still valid would be suspect
[2007-11-21 06:26:14] <c4eva> these scene releases need to be validated against a known retail copy
[2007-11-21 06:28:20] <c4eva> fw is not been detected, it is the discs, as before
[2007-11-21 06:31:31] <c4eva> game can be stealthed , but have slight data change somewhere, especially DMI, or early copies may be marked, hence check against know retail copy
No Questions by PM.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

Make no mistake people when c4eva has something to say we all listen.

This is another post that i found by sadalius.

C4E has stated that he believes this round has to do with poorly made backups. I just read it a few minutes ago and here was his statement:

It appears that modified fw is NOT being detected, and is instead once again due to 'bad' discs. Keep in mind that the only full proof way to make a 1:1 backup is to do it yourself. iXtreme is as fullproof as it can be, in that it validates everything it possibly can from a firmware point of view, but a game can have slight data change somewhere, most commonly in DMI. Or it can be due to early copies being watermarked so to speak.

This is why you run the risk of being banned on xbox live if you pirate games. Always remember that you run a risk doing such actions.

In regards to game data being properly validated, xdvdmulleter is a tool that has a constantly maintained database to validate backups against retail copies to ensure full stealth. If you have a samsung SH-D16x and would like to contribute to the project to prevent future Live bans, please join #stealth360 on Efnet, IRC.

So, it's not that bad, just some people not taking the time to make sure their stuff is up to snuff.
No Questions by PM.

Return to “General information”