Lite Touch / Newer Waves / Abgx360 Help

For questions with backing up your games!
marcanto
Squire
Squire

Lite Touch / Newer Waves / Abgx360 Help

Post by marcanto »

Greeting s Playground,
I will try & make my post as direct as possible
(I am new to modding & maybe my terminology is a bit off)

I flashed my lite-on with LT firmware.
Success.

I have several backups I wish to experiment with, but I am getting a little confused on two or three things.

i have backed up my Alan Wake game for instance...
If I understand semi-correctly, abgx360 will stealth patch, verify everything, etc. etc.

Now for actually booting up the game after it has been run through abgx360 - I am still left with a wave 6 game which will not boot, correct?

how would I go about booting this up if this is a newer wave game? I have read that the 360 Wave Patcher is means for like an instant ban, as you can't modify the iso wave, or if you do - it's rather easy to detect.

Any help would be sooo much appreciated.
Best Regards
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: Lite Touch / Newer Waves / Abgx360 Help

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

If your on lite touch, it will boot any wave. It does not check the wave of the game. That was partly how M$ detected modded consoles last ban wave. If the game did an extra security check (wave check) then M$ could tell it was flashed.

Anyways, if your on LT, your fine, it will boot any wave.

As for the wave patcher, it works, but you will be banned. Do not play a game that's been wave patched offline, or online on a console that will see xbox live.

If you have a banned console, or a console that you are going to keep offline feel free to use the wave patcher on the games it will see.
marcanto
Squire
Squire

Post by marcanto »

Hello again & thanks for your speedy reply!
I know I have my LT flash done correctly through JF, I guess I may be having problems with my media I have been using.
I know this may be far fetched, but I am using the Sony dru-800a dL burner with Sony DL disc's;
I can not get a good backup for the life of me, is this not a recommended combo with the 7series lite-on?
Is there any optimal set-up for a sony dru-800A & certain disc type with a 7series lite-on?
Thanks to all the experts at the playground!
Best Regards
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

there are some liteon 7400 that are very picky
sony disc are good
but most of us use verbatim disc
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
marcanto
Squire
Squire

Post by marcanto »

Hi CoFree...
I actually followed your tut a few days ago..mr. head honcho.lol
With your expertise, would you think it is a media issue, with the burner or discs, as opposed to a bad flash? This is getting pricey with all these DL's disc coasters.

Would you recommend
1.) just purchasing a pre-modded console?
2.) Trying to spoof the sammy?
3.) Trying a new DL burner?

It just seems like there could be so many issues involved.
If I at least bought a pre-modded one - I could narrow my issues down to it being my burner or discs.

Thanks again Mr. CoFree,
Best Regards,
djshauny1
Possible Ally of Robinhood

Post by djshauny1 »

Hi

What make discs are you using EDIT sorry i just see you are using sony discs

Does it boot normal games discs (not backups)

What speed are you burning the backups at??
marcanto
Squire
Squire

Post by marcanto »

Hey DjShauny!
Thanks for your reply.
I apologize for my delay (was going to look for mre DL's disc's locally)
I have used ImgBurn & CloneCD with all appropriate settings using 2.4 speed & 4x speed.
(I thought I read somewhere some backups are best at 4x, while the majority is 2.4x)
I appreciate all the help everyone!
djshauny1

Post by djshauny1 »

are you using the .dvd file

and the correct layerbreak of 1913760

also the slower the burn speed the better

but its ok to burn at 4x if you wish
marcanto
Squire
Squire

Post by marcanto »

Hello again my friend.
1.) yep - using the .dvd file
2.) I have even manually put in the layer break 1913760
3.) I have burned 4 sony coasters with 2.4x, (2 with imgburn & 2 with CloneCD) & 2 more coasters at 4x

I thought it may have been the Sony Dual Layers - so I just went out and grabbed a five pack of memorex (so I have something else to experiment with) I am just getting a little frustrated. In the beginning I had gotten my connectivity kit, dual layered packs I am wasting & here I am on ioffer looking at premodded consoles for like $200.00 minimum, or a service to have my lens replaced, yada, yada, yada. I am by no means a noob to this stuff ( I have modded almost every gadget I own from HTC Phone's to my Wii to my PSP, etc. all with no problems, I know the 360 mod is a bit more hardcore than other plug & play mods, but everything went so smooth. Now here I am in this horrible catch 22 where I don't know if it's my media, or a burner, or a bad flash (which I don't think so) or a laser calibration) it seems like I should have gotten the pre-modded console....at least this way if my backups didn't read I would have at least narrowed it down to the media being the culprit. Ahhh!!!!!
Room starting to spin!!!

Thanks again & Best Regards
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Does your drive play regular games?

If it play's them, but not backup's than its a media issue, and you'll probably need to try verbatim's.

In my experience memorex usually dont work for backups, and if they do they will be kind of hit and miss.
marcanto
Squire
Squire

Post by marcanto »

Hello again Mr.DJ
Yes - my originals all work perfectly, which makes me think my flash & laser calibration is fine.

Would doing a verify on the backup help me narrow down if it's media or my burner?

Thanks again
djshauny1

Post by djshauny1 »

Sounds like you are doing everything correctly

Are you sure 100% that you flashed with LT

Can you run me through how you flashed the drive please

Thanks

DJ
marcanto
Squire
Squire

Post by marcanto »

Hello DjShauny
1.)I used DVDKey 32 / dumped my lite-on seriel, inquiry, dummy, etc. (with CK3 & Probe)
2.) Prepared my LT firmware for the 74850c lite-on series
3.) Spoofed my drive / all keys matched fine / saved my custom .bin file
4.)Erased my lite on (with l-o-erase.exe) in dosflash
5.)used dosflash to flash my drive with my firmware I had made in JF
6.) All banks were written correctly
7.) Originals all play fine, backups say "Play Game" on the Main Dash, almost starts up & then unreadable disc error"

On a brighter side , I just happened to look down at my new work computer & it has a dual layer burner, so at least I can experiement with another burner.

I also oredred some Verbatims on eBay about an hour ago..
I am trying to exercise all of my options before jumping in & buying a completeley new modded console, or having it sent away to have someone look at it. At least if they get it working - I know it's my DL Burner or media I was usong.

But I figured I bought all the hardware, etc & I feel like a total ass if I just bought a pre-modded one after I went through all this. (I would reallly really like to finish the job myself)

Thanks for your help bro
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Verbatim's will sole the issue
marcanto
Squire
Squire

Post by marcanto »

Hello Yet Again,
I think you may be right about the Vibs. I just tried a backup on a memorex & the process got a little further than my Sony DL's .... it almost started up & it seems the drive is really really trying to read the disc & I am getting the "Open Tray" syndrome with the memorex every two tries or so.

Now I actually got the graphics for my Alan Wake for the background on the dash.....this has to be media related, right?

EDIT

Everyone - I finally got everything working.It had to have been the media. I used CloneCD this time, lowest speed (I used 1x but I think it just resulted to 2.4x by default) I stayed around my computer the entire time, shut down all process' except for CloneCD , did one through burn, and finally my backup worked.

I am very thankful for all the help. Big Thanks to DJ Shauny1, CoFree, HaGGardSmurf, Is there any PayPal donation link for server costs, etc?

Return to “Game Backups”