Dead Drive or Not Dead Drive That Is The Question?

The place to ask your questions about the Xbox 360
Jimmy123
Peasant
Peasant

Dead Drive or Not Dead Drive That Is The Question?

Post by Jimmy123 »

Morning All,

I have a Liteon 748 driver with firmware 1.51 and the goal was to upgrade it to LT 1.1. In the passed I used the videos from here which has worked every time, the first video showed me how to backup my key, the second one showed my how to flash the firmware to 1.50, the last one from 1.50.to 1.51 which also worked. This time I have gone to flash it to LT 1.1 and got it all wrong, Jungle flash could see the drive but I must of hit one of the button on the CK3 (RED LIGHT) and put the drive into vendor mode and then tried to upgrade the firmware, the computer will no longer see the drive, nor eject or boot from a clean startup. I was going to try with iprep and follow this http://www.robinhoodsplayground.com/for ... 110&t=3226" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; but I cant as the computer wont see any devices.

Would I need to order a new Liteon 748 drive or can I do something with the existing one, I still have a backup of the key ?

If I do need to replaced drive a friend has a new BenQ so would this be ok to use instead of the original Liteon one ?

Thanks for any advice :D

Jimmy
louisM92
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: Dead Drive or Not Dead Drive That Is The Question?

Post by louisM92 »

your fine the drive has only locked up, you can unlock and flash the drive in dos if you like, there is a tutorial on here for that, ill put a link to it at the end, OR you can go back into jungle flasher, press intro device id until the drive unlocks and goes back into vendor/unlocked mode, im not sure if this always works, try the jungle flasher method first, if that dont work take a look at this video http://www.robinhoodsplayground.com/for ... 195&t=3226" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Need your drive flashed? PM me to sort something out ;)
OR email me at louismoylan@live.co.uk
Flashing in the UK
Also do drive replacements :)
Jimmy123
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Jimmy123 »

Thanks for the reply, I've tried using jungle flasher but without any luck, I've confirmed the port and tried both modes but it still will not fix the drive, before it would see it in the BIOS but now it just hangs if it's turned on at the same time as the machine being switched on. Regarding the video I've tried to find the files in the normal place via X+++S but can't find the version being used, are you able to email to me ?

If I was going to use the other drive which video should I follow, I have the key from the original drive and dummy file but want to upgrade from Liteon 1.51 to BenQ LT 1.2 ?

Many thanks.
louisM92
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by louisM92 »

any version of iprep can be used, all that does is make a bootable device for you, as for the dosflash files, they can be found in the ixtreme 1.51 pack, download that, copy the contents to the root of the stick you just created in iprep, dont worry about deleting any of the files that iprep made, come back with any other problems you may have, i think that info i just provided should be spot on thou ;)
Flashing in the UK
Jimmy123
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Jimmy123 »

ok last post today lol,

when you told me to try the intro/device id option within jungle flasher did i have to manually open the drive half way ?

i've also tried this http://www.robinhoodsplayground.com/for ... 197&t=7041" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

the first part is fine creating the firmware file but when trying to create an iprep usb stick with version 009 i have a few issues, when i try and load the lite-on ixtreme i get an error of NO VALID FIRMWARE LOADED + when i select the usb stick the option to format it and make bootable is always greyed out, HELP PLEASE :cry:
louisM92
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by louisM92 »

manually put the drive in half way mode like the picture shows in that tutorial, use the latest version of iprep, im sure you can use any version you like :)
Flashing in the UK
commando_lee
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood
Location: Up high in the tree looking out for the Sheriff of Nottingham

Post by commando_lee »

Jimmy123 wrote:ok last post today lol,

when you told me to try the intro/device id option within jungle flasher did i have to manually open the drive half way ?

i've also tried this http://www.robinhoodsplayground.com/for ... 197&t=7041" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

the first part is fine creating the firmware file but when trying to create an iprep usb stick with version 009 i have a few issues, when i try and load the lite-on ixtreme i get an error of NO VALID FIRMWARE LOADED + when i select the usb stick the option to format it and make bootable is always greyed out, HELP PLEASE :cry:

The reason you are gettin no valid FW is because the ixdef is not right. in this tut i used ixteme1.6 With my method you can just simply use any compatable liteon fw as its not important as you only need to make the bat files. Which will allow you to recover the drive
................................................................RobinHoods Very Own
.......................................Image
I do this for the fun and pleasure in helping people. But this is NOT my job. Post up on the boards with your question and some body will help you dont use the PM system.
massy086
Peasant
Peasant

Post by massy086 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qp2QuLCkmEw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; this worked a threat for me the other day

Return to “Beginners”