Infectus Usb interface board?

C4pt41n 5k33t
Bandit
Bandit

Infectus Usb interface board?

Post by C4pt41n 5k33t »

Hello everybody, I bought the infectus2 modchip about 2 years ago and was originally planning to use it to flash my xbox 360 nand.....but, I never got around to it. So today I was looking up on the ps3 jailbreak and I saw that you can use a usb micro controller, also a XBOX 360 USB SPI NAND READER. So my question is, Would it be possible to use my Infectus Usb board to jailbreak my ps3? If your wondering my ps3 hasnt been updated in about a year or two, so no worries on that. Anyways, thanks in advanced. =)

Infectus 2 specifications that I have found out so far:
It uses an Actel ProAsic3 a3p125 series chip.
Every part of the chip PLD/FLASH/USB is 100% reprogrammable via USB.
It has a 512kb flash onboard.

So all you coders, hiding in your little caves waiting for the moment to become famous and have tons of attention...now is that moment. You write the code, I'll test it/use it and full credit will go to you. Unless I modify the code to some degree and then you would get 85% credit. =)

For those who don't know here is what the infectus2 chip looks like with it plugged into the usb interface: Image
Last edited by C4pt41n 5k33t on Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: Infectus Usb interface board?

Post by CoFree »

yea
i would think so
but
i have not read of a hex file to flash in it
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
C4pt41n 5k33t
Bandit
Bandit

Post by C4pt41n 5k33t »

Another question, for anyone who would know or if anyone has an infectus2 also; Would I flash the hex file to the infectus itself or would I just use the usb micro controller? If you all could be on the lookout for pin layouts or hex files for the infectus i would be very grateful. It's time we add another device to our compatible list. =)
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

ill keep a eye out man
but
i dont know what you would do
if it is even possible.
No Questions by PM.
C4pt41n 5k33t
Bandit
Bandit

Post by C4pt41n 5k33t »

I have a pretty good idea. First I need to find out if infectus2 has a bootloader and then figure out how I would implement my payload....My original idea would be to erase the infectus2 modchip and use the hex files for PSGroove Hermes - v4b. But I also need to check if the infectus2 would communicate both ways (back and forth) at the same time using the usb interface board instead of just waiting for me to send a flash to write the infectus2 chip. If all goes well then I won't have to do very much re-coding to configure the infectus2. But before I can do any of this, I need the hex files to write PSGroove Hermes - v4b hex code to. I hope my theory is somewhat along the correct lines. If not then I'll learn something new =p Cross your fingers.
sas67
Possible Ally of Robinhood

Post by sas67 »

what chip is on the infectus board?Atmel?
flash all phat's and slim drives upto 1175fw.awaiting delivery of cr3lite

sas67

Post by sas67 »

ive found this,but not sure if its what you are after......

Now this is very interesting, Looouky from Xbox-Scene has figured out that you can use an Xbox 360 NAND reader to jailbreak your PS3. You can actually MAKE your own 360 Nand Reader, just follow the instructions located here.

To quote:

Here a simple instruction set:

1) Download compiled code for pics 18F modified for USB SPI here.

2) Program the usb spi, following the following instructions Start at “Prepare TIAO 360 USB SPI Interface ”

3) Download Stealth Backup Manager.

4) Copy Manager.pkg corresponding to you onto an external drive. (Formatted FAT32)

5) Go to your PS3 and do a complete power cycle. (Turn off completely with switch on back.)

6) Plug in your USB SPI, turn on the switch in back.

7) Power on your PS3 and hit the eject button immediately. (This is the part most people mess up.)

8 ) If you did it right, you will have two folders on your XMB. One that says “Install Package Files” and another “/app_home/PS3_GAME/”.

9) Plug in your USB drive with the Manager.pkg file. You should now see it in the “Install Package Files” folder. Run it. You should now have Package Manager installed. Once installed remove the external drive.

10) Insert your original PS3 game and run Package Manager. It will ask you whether you want to load it or back it up. Back it up!

11) After a few minutes you’ll have a copy of the game showing up. Select it and it will load it to the XMB menu. Screen will go black and kick you back out to the XMB.

12) On the XMB Hit the game icon and you can now start enjoying the backup copy of your PS3 game.

oh bugger,this has been posted before,but maybe the 360nandhex will be of some use
SOURCE...ps3hax.net
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
flash all phat's and slim drives upto 1175fw.awaiting delivery of cr3lite

C4pt41n 5k33t
Bandit
Bandit

Post by C4pt41n 5k33t »

I just posted that yesterday lol. No, the infectus board is different from that guide that's why I made a new topic. But the infectus uses an Actel ProAsic3. I'm not looking for a guide btw, Im looking for pin layouts and the hex files for the infectus2 so I can make my own guide for people to use.. Please read other posts stated in this topic before saying somthing that isn't relevant. And also before posting a guide please check topics to see if it's been a thread that I just posted. Thank you for trying though.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

sas67 wrote:not sure if its what you are after......
No Questions by PM.
C4pt41n 5k33t
Bandit
Bandit

Post by C4pt41n 5k33t »

LOL, I tried to put it as nice as i could. Anyways; let's get this topic back on it's feet again.

Update: Specifications found. Only took a day for me to realize its right on their homepage.....fail.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

yea man
its all good :D
well if you got it going

let us know how it went and if its worth doing that way
No Questions by PM.
C4pt41n 5k33t
Bandit
Bandit

Post by C4pt41n 5k33t »

Im having some problems, I need to get my infectus to show up in linux, atm i cant find a way to install the usb drivers for it, so the program wont pick it up. =/ And also I'm still missing hex files for the infectus to bind with the hex files for psgroove. So I'm still in a bit of a loop.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

man
ive look around and as far as i can see there is not a hex file for it
now it maybe in the works
but most people just would not use that for just jailbreaking a ps3
No Questions by PM.
C4pt41n 5k33t
Bandit
Bandit

Post by C4pt41n 5k33t »

Yea, me too Cofree. I agree with you. I believe this is where the road ends that never really began. lol I'm having too many problems trying to get the drivers so my linux can recognize the infectus and finding hex files. Too much trouble for just me basically, I have only seen one other person request using an infectus and he also has a different usb adapter just in case. I'm just gonna spend 30 bucks and buy one. Oh well, fun while it lasted. =/
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

that is what its all about man
making something do something other than the intended purpose.

sorry it was a short ride :D
No Questions by PM.

Return to “General information”